Go out and buy something.

Man am I happy at the moment. I just picked up a new set of rims for my car, I've been wanting them forever but kept putting it off. You know what? I feel awesome!

Doesn't have to expensive, but it puts your focus on something else for a while, and puts a smile on your face afterwards. To me, making yourself happy is a big part of moving on.

Maybe we cold use this thread to post up what people bought and if/how it helped. I bought these rims:

18X9 in the front and 18X10 in th back. Picked them up for a steal of $550 and it made me feel great. I'm still smiling.

I'm not sure if the happy will be short lived or not, but I am sure of one thing. I feel a little bit better about myself, and that's what counts

Until next time!

I did not go out and buy anything extravagant or expensive. I did however go and start getting my nails done again, bought new makeup and some new clothing outfits.

I also bought myself some new music CD's and now I jump in the Trans Am and go cruising just for the fun of it, sometimes by myself and sometimes a friend of mine goes with me.

I take the T tops out and cruise down the highway in the country, letting my hair blow in the wind and feeling free and content again. It is fun again being able to do what I want , when I want , without that JOKE of a BF that I once had.

I did the exact opposite. I *stopped* buying things. And it made me feel so much better. So... I totally know what you mean!

Nice rims btw... What kind of car are they going on?

Thanks! Black 98 Mustang GT. I'm always about modifying the engine before the exterior, but this was a deal I couldn't pass up. The rims would have been near $700 had I ordered them, but they popped up used (but not, they were never put on a car, just had tires mounted) locally for $550, and were the exact rims, size and all, that I wanted. If there's a god, it was his way of saying, "Pete, you need these rims." lol.

I did not go out and buy anything extravagant or expensive. I did however go and start getting my nails done again, bought new makeup and some new clothing outfits.

I also bought myself some new music CD's and now I jump in the Trans Am and go cruising just for the fun of it, sometimes by myself and sometimes a friend of mine goes with me.

I take the T tops out and cruise down the highway in the country, letting my hair blow in the wind and feeling free and content again. It is fun again being able to do what I want , when I want , without that JOKE of a BF that I once had.

I love trans am'! What year?

The rims steel or aluminum? Get a set of some nice racing slicks... sexy. I drooled over a Cobra that was barely street legal, came with racing seats and all the nifty bells and wistles. Then I bought my Blazer with four wheel drive and tow package, it handles the 3ft snow drifts better.

My depressed consumer gratification has actually been buying new clothing with the emphasis on the underwear, particularly things I had never had before, like thongs and camis. It feels nice being in something sexy.

The rims steel or aluminum? Get a set of some nice racing slicks... sexy. I drooled over a Cobra that was barely street legal, came with racing seats and all the nifty bells and wistles. Then I bought my Blazer with four wheel drive and tow package, it handles the 3ft snow drifts better.

Run away with me?

I'm sure they're steel. But they are lighter than I expected, and MUCH lighter than my current rims. I have a set of headers and an offroad midpipe that I will be installing, and I'm waiting for my cams to arrive and my heads back from the machine shope and it'll be time to hit the track!

Nice retro MiniLite rims! Those were groovy back in my era.

Normally I'm so cheap I squeak, but so far I've accumulated new UL backpacking gear, a laptop, digital camera and I'm shopping for either a Ducati Monster, Moto Guzzi or old BMW 900 motorcycle and later tonight I'll order some cigars. I plan some bike trips with my campng gear in a tank bag.

This weekend I'll go look at bike jackets.

I'm having a full-blown midlife crisis and intend to enjoy it!

Rims are to men what shoes are to women?

LOL

After I broke up with my last ex-bf I did a complete 180. Spent 10 months single, started dieting and exercising and ofcourse, shopping.

Best thing that's ever happened to me

Run away with me?

I'm sure they're steel. But they are lighter than I expected, and MUCH lighter than my current rims. I have a set of headers and an offroad midpipe that I will be installing, and I'm waiting for my cams to arrive and my heads back from the machine shope and it'll be time to hit the track!

Sounds like fun. I wish I had the time to play with a car engine, I love taking things apart (occasionally putting them back together ) I love packing bearings its a good excuse to get dirty, I got to play with some ceramic ones on an experimental car, those are so cool. Are you changing the cams to something more timed for high speeds? (I'm not all that car savy, I just know some basics, but I'm curious)

Sounds like fun. I wish I had the time to play with a car engine, I love taking things apart (occasionally putting them back together ) I love packing bearings its a good excuse to get dirty, I got to play with some ceramic ones on an experimental car, those are so cool. Are you changing the cams to something more timed for high speeds? (I'm not all that car savy, I just know some basics, but I'm curious)

Sweet Jesus. Tell me you like Country music and I'll fly you out here right now

The cams were ground for mid to high end power, from 3000-6500 rpms. And it just so happens, I need a brake job. LOL

I hear you on the time thing. If I can't slow work down, I'm going to end up paying the labor to install this stuff, I'm too impatient to wait!

I did the exact opposite. I *stopped* buying things. And it made me feel so much better. So... I totally know what you mean!

Nice rims btw... What kind of car are they going on?

I'm doing the same...been careless about the way I was spending money but more focusing on saving for future and emergencies. It's a relief to know I have extra cash laying around just in case I need to pay for something or take a vacation out of the blue...

REBEL, in response to your question,,,,, its a 2002 Trans Am. Its the last year they were manufactured. Its black with black leather interior, ram air, Ws6 performance package, T - tops , 160 mph on the speedometer. I love to buy myself some new CD's, and turn the music up loud, and just have fun,,,,, but have gotten myself a few speeding tickets along the way.