Nudity and my family

Tami

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

how about a compromise?

Wear a bikini around the house, or a camisole and sleep shorts.

I may be able to compromise if all of you people really think it's my fault for the arguing, but I would only agree to maybe thong or g-string underwear and see-thru or net half shirt at most.

If you want to be really that naked, why don't you just get your own place?

My mom sometimes wants to move in with me, and I tell her no way. my house, my rules! Her house, her rules.

get your own apartment and be as naked as you want.

If you want to be really that naked, why don't you just get your own place?

My mom sometimes wants to move in with me, and I tell her no way. my house, my rules! Her house, her rules.

get your own apartment and be as naked as you want.

Would love to, but can't afford to.

You may think that their rules are silly or uncomfortable, but they are THEIR rules.

When I was in college, I applied to live in a vegetarian co-op. One of the rules was that meat was not allowed to be in the kitchen, what so ever. If you cooked meat in the kitchen, you could be evicted. On the other hand, if you wanted to sneak in a ham sandwhich, and eat it quietly in your room, and not tell anyone, they were fine with that.

Maybe a strange rule, but hey, their place, they can do whatever they want.

You are old enough. I think you should move out and feel free to express yourself.

It's like this - I just bought my own place. I expect anyone who steps into my place to abide by my rules. That means no smoking in my apartment. Shoes must come off. If they don't like it, they're not coming in. If I had a 19 year old kid that insisted on doing something that ticked me off, I would kick her out. After all, she's an adult, and the deed of the home is in MY name.

At least, that's my take as a new home-owner.

I can see your side of the argument, but like I said, I can't afford nearly enough to move out at this point in my life, and I am willing to at least now talk and maybe compromise. What did you think of my idea above about clothing, and I could also agree to go to my room if company is expected or here, but I will not care if delivery or mail people etc...see me. I could offer this to them. What's your opinion?

I have my own apartment, while there I may do the dishes in my panties or sleep naked, but at my parents place I'm not going to be starkers. Its respect for their feelings. You only have as much freedom as the people around, if what you're doing makes someone feel uncomfortable then it is infrindging on their rights. You may be an exhibitionist, but there are very few people in our culture that are accepting of that fetish, it is unlawful and rude to continually force your opinion of what you feel acceptable on them. It is their home, not yours, you have no right to dictate what you think should be allowed.

I am going to attempt a happy compromise, that is what we have started discussing. The types of clothing I could use, and appropriate times to go outside of my room. I could only wear a thong on the bottom, I'm sorry, but that is the best I could do on the bottom half I think. The top, I think a see-thru top would be good?

Don't mean to be rude, but I think you are pulling one over on us and I'm not entirely sure why. Maybe you just like to get a rise out of people, but you said that your dad and brothers don't mind it if and when you walk around nude. And you really see nothing wrong with that? Do you see why others might?

Either there are some very serious sexual issues going on in your family, or yu are an incurable attention seeker - either here or from your family.

Don't mean to be rude, but I think you are pulling one over on us and I'm not entirely sure why. Maybe you just like to get a rise out of people, but you said that your dad and brothers don't mind it if and when you walk around nude. And you really see nothing wrong with that? Do you see why others might?

Either there are some very serious sexual issues going on in your family, or yu are an incurable attention seeker - either here or from your family.

I admit that I understand how you could think this is not happening, and that's probably because not many, if any other girls would admit to liking this, let alone stand up for it and actually be doing it like I am.

I have tried to ignore all the "I can't believe it posts", because I feel you just aren't as well educated in the reality of what really goes on in the world in this day. I will tell you that I am doing exactly what I am saying I am, and I am not looking "for a rise", out of anyone. I get enough here at home.

I don't know what else to say, but I am not going to waste my energy trying to convince anyone I am for real. Make up your own mind and proceed accordingly then.

Thank you.

I like to lay around my bedroom nude a lot, but my family is always telling me it's messed up. They say they wouldn't mind as much if I shut the door, so I do now. Then they said I should put something on if they knock for any reason to see me. Well I usually don't feel like stopping what I'm doing, getting my robe and getting up to answer the door. I just say come in. They get so mad when I say come in and I am naked. I am a tall, slender girl, and I think my body is very nice to look at. What is the problem here?

Well, the problem is that it pisses off your family.

So, I don't know how badly they're pissed off, or why you won't just close your bedroom door if it bothers them and throw on a robe when they knock.

What are you for here? Sympathy? Do you want us to tell you your family is wrong for being bothered?

THis whole nudity thing in front of the family, mom, dad , brothers, is just too out of the norm in my opinion. I dont think its a healty normal thing for some one your age to be walking around naked to the kitchen , or being naked with your door open. Sure you have a nice body, but the open nudity is a bit over the line I think. Nothing wrong with showing off your body, but you can enjoy having a nice body by wearing some cute sexy clothes, but dont go walking around in the family home nude. :shocked!:

*shudder*

I hope you mean "rise" as in a conflict, and not, well, y'know.

I meant it as in "conflict", the same context the original person I replied to used it in, I assumed. I'm not going to pretend the other meaning has never been witnessed though. LOL

Well, the problem is that it pisses off your family.

So, I don't know how badly they're pissed off, or why you won't just close your bedroom door if it bothers them and throw on a robe when they knock.

What are you for here? Sympathy? Do you want us to tell you your family is wrong for being bothered?

I had hoped that they would agree on some points and/or helped me work on a compromise we both can live with.

I doubt your version of a compromise will be met well, its not very much of a compromise. The fact is your lack of attire is inappropriet to them and a minimalist approch to clothing won't be seen as much better.

I think its obvious from the posts here that you are not supported in your views of nudity, but your refusal to admit to this shows you really have no consideration for anyones opinions. You have been repeatedly told our thoughts, it rather easy to conclude what a vast majority of people feel on this issue: Its not OK, its offensive.

I doubt your version of a compromise will be met well, its not very much of a compromise. The fact is your lack of attire is inappropriet to them and a minimalist approch to clothing won't be seen as much better.

I think its obvious from the posts here that you are not supported in your views of nudity, but your refusal to admit to this shows you really have no consideration for anyones opinions. You have been repeatedly told our thoughts, it rather easy to conclude what a vast majority of people feel on this issue: Its not OK, its offensive.

Fair enough, so how about a better compromise suggestion, rather than summarizing what has been said already and simply agreeing?

OK, thank you, and what would you say if it was a white tank, no bra of course and it's partially see thru, with a small pair of panties instead of shorts? Or nude with a partially see thru robe that is short?

THis is crazy !!! Point is, cover up your butt and boobs and with proper clothing. YOu dont go around showing your body with see through clothing and panties in front of your family, primarily, your father and brothers,, Sorry, this is just ridiculous,. Wear appropriate attire. shorts and a top at the very mininum and no see through. And definitely not nude. I dont quite understand your need for the family to get a peek at your body like that.