Should I tell him?

koolaidnovel

I'm "kinda-sorta" dating this one guy who I really really like. He's like no one I've ever met before, and he's been asking me out on dates and seems to show some signs of liking me. I mean, if he asked me out on dates (he called them "dates" himself,) shouldn't that indicate that he likes me? I'm scared to tell him how I feel, though, because I'm not sure if I'll get rejected or not. I mean, we've hung out several times, and he hasn't made any real "move" on me, which I've posted about before. He does the little playful touches like pushing and stuff, but nothing else. I feel curious and confused about what he thinks of me, which is part of what I want to ask if I tell him how I feel about him.

I guess my question is: Should I tell him that I like him, (online) outright? Will it be a turn-off if I do? My mom is always telling me to keep things under wraps, so I don't know what to do (she's all for the "playing hard to get" and not "chasing", etc.) Please help!!!

Next time you are out with him, ask him what's up in a casual way... I am betting he is probably shy.. or that maybe you aren't sending the signals that it is okay. I would ask it when you are TOGETHER with him though in person, so you can see his reaction. If he keeps asking you out, he is 99% sure interested in you.

My mom is always telling me to keep things under wraps, so I don't know what to do (she's all for the "playing hard to get" and not "chasing", etc.) Please help!!!

Your mom is right. Guys like a bit of intrigue in the beginning, and when you lay all your cards out on the table so soon, there goes the mystery. Plus, you should really continue to get to know him before you make the judgement that you really, really, really like him. Trust me on this...place a real value on your feelings, and make sure you know what you're getting into before you just hand someone your heart.

Also, there are few things in life as delicious as having patience even if it kills you, and then to be rewarded with the other person finally breaking down and telling you how much THEY like YOU. This isn't exactly a game, but it does keep the beginning stages of dating fun, and a bit mysterious.