Ex being really weird…his comments etc….please help !

Me and guy at college had a ‘thing’ for about 5 months…nothing is ever made official, then he said he was going to ask me out, really exciting, all these plans… and then he ended up stating we work better as ‘just friends’. Was heart-broken. He gets a new girlfriend a week later. See him everyday.

Ok...one minute he's moody...the next he's all sweet and bubbly. Then next he's flirting with me. I've dealt with all of this for the past few weeks and am now used to it. I have NEVER mentioned that he flirts with me, I have NEVER brought up anything to do with ‘us’ since our break-up conversation. But then this morning when he saw me and said 'hey sexy thing', I just sort of sat down and didn't say anything and then he tried to mock what he thought I'd say so in a girly voice he said ‘Stop itttt…I thought you said you didn’t like me’ and I was quite taken aback ! So I just looked at him and just chuckled and I didn’t say anything (akward) and then I think he didn’t know what to say so he said ‘im only joking’…

Why is he being like this ?! It’s so confusing.

Really need opinions! Thanks ! xxx

He wants to keep the door open with you. Obviously he is very poor at relationships and needs and in betweener or a Plan B. Cut him off and go NC or he will continue to test the waters to see if he could still have you if and when he wants. You're better than that, NC all the way.

RC

Yup. This guy has no serious intentions with you for anything beyond a boost to his ego whenever he needs it. Unless you're fine with consistently getting the short of the deal, I'd definitely cut off any communications with him beyond what is absolutely necessary.

Hey, thanks relationship coach & scout, that's opened my eyes up a bit. I can't NC because at college we have to register together and are literally moping around this little room for half an hour every morning. A conversation is inevitable. However, I can be cold towards him. Or respond to his comments like that in a certain way that will subtley shame him...hmm....

Guys...I can't...I see him ALL the time and I feel the urge to talk to him. Everyone thought we were going out, and I kind of want to be like the "other girl" that may risk his and his new girls relationship. I know its pathetic but... I can't help it I hate this so much. If I stop talking to him, he'll stop talking to me, we'll drift apart and never be friends, he'll leave college and I'll never see him again. I don't want that to happen.

i know this is off topic but i have posted 70 something times in the past 2 days. i'm the pathetic one lol.

Anyway, if you hold on to him so he won't drift, it will actually make it worse. If you sincerely, make the break for the benefit of you both, and don't put hope too much into either direction, the outcome will be in your favor, in the long run.