Grade 11 no date for prom

prozzack

i need help, im 16 and dont have a gf nor have i ever had one, well at my school anyone from grade 9 can go to prom cause we a small school

anywasy i dont wanna be there alone but i cant jstu askany girl out

and when i mean small school i mean small no one i can ask in my grade is available and its hard jum,ping grades i need help

im even more worried that grade 12 is coming soon and im going to be alone.

im really shy and i dont have the guts to ask a girl out nor looks to get girls to ask me out

Have you thought about just asking a female friend and going to have a good time. I went with my buddy and we had a blast. I was so glad of it too, the guy that had asked me out took a different girl who was misrable the whole time. Why not go alone, you don't have to spring for dinner, flowers, or a limo, its prom just have fun!

• Like 1

well its different for girls

COMPLETELY DIFFERENT

they can go in groups jsut like how two girls can go the the movies but if two guys go there gay

this sexist stuff so tips to the girl side

for example in toronto the bus has to stop where ever a girl wants to be droped off any time after 6. there has never been a rape case in toronto

me on the other hand you know how many times ive been jumped and robed

I agree with everyone else, you don't have to have a date. It's just a chance for everyone to dress up and have fun together. Go with friends! At least you don't have to worry about keeping a girl impressed the whole time and making sure she's have a good time. It's always funner with friends and you can party afterwards and do whatever you want. Just make the best of it, and have fun!

well its different for girls

COMPLETELY DIFFERENT

they can go in groups jsut like how two girls can go the the movies but if two guys go there gay

this sexist stuff so tips to the girl side

for example in toronto the bus has to stop where ever a girl wants to be droped off any time after 6. there has never been a rape case in toronto

me on the other hand you know how many times ive been jumped and robed

It's between 9pm and 5am, and I think it's completely understandable that a woman be allowed to be dropped off between busstops at those times. Not that men are any less prone to being attacked, but women are generally more vulnerable.

Perhaps you should pay more attention to the news these day. Not just "rape victims" are victims of crime, but the increase in gun violence, especially the recent deaths of two innocent young women slain in the paths of gunfire, has taken a toll on the community in terms of safety.

You've got to be kidding me. NO rape has ever happened in Toronto? EVER???

"We do know that in 1999, in Canada, 23,872 sexual assaults (total of all types) were reported to police. This translates into a rate of 78 sexual assaults per 100,000 people and marks a 7.3% decline from 1998 (Statistics Canada 2000). Given that this figure represents only approximately 6% of the sexual assaults that occur each year, sexual assault is not uncommon in this country."

This doesn't mean that rape doesn't happen in Toronto because it doesn't specifically say so. It's the biggest city in Canada, there WILL be rape.

And doing a quick google search shows that there are at least a handful of rape crises centres in Toronto. "hmmm, let's put a lot of money and energy into building a safe haven for victims of rape and sexual assaults for absolutely no reason". I don't think so.

Here's another interesting article for you to read:

link removed

I was born and raised in Toronto. Spent my first year of uni at Ryerson. There was constant reminders to students about the threat of rape. There were help groups, there were posters reminding students to always have an eye out on their drinks.

I KNOW people who were raped and otherwise sexually assaulted in Toronto and in Mississauga. Men and women alike.

No case of rape in Toronto? Where in god's name did you ever get that idea??? ](*,)

I for one, being a young female, was very keen on the idea of being able to stop closer to my destination when riding public transport when it was dark out. That being said, I still believe they should explicitly offer that same courtesy to men as well. The bus drivers generally will stop for a guy as well, if it's late and dark. All they have to do is ask.

rant>