Is this Normal?

calgaryguy

Since my break up I have been having casual sex with many different girls. Im talking 6 within the last month. I dont feel any emotinal attachment to these girls , but I just feel I need it. Is this normal after a long term relationship? Anyone else been through this stage? Will it ever end?

Thanx.

Haven't been through it myself, but it is common. After a breakup from a long term relationship, there are a lot of mixed feelings. You miss what you once had, including sex. So some people go out and try to get that from others. But they find it is empty because they don't really love the people they are with. They still have feelings for the ex. Going out with others like that is a way of avoiding feelings of hurt and grief, trying to fill an empty spot in your hurt. It doesn't work though. What's best is to just take time away from dating and relationships to heal on your own. When you feel ready, then you can start dating again. And when you find the right person and are ready to be serious with someone again, the sex will have more meaning.

hmm thanx for that , I know Its weird I just could care less about these girls. Sad thing is some of them really liked me but I didnt want anything more then sex. Ya I agree with you Im not ready for a relationship , I still have my ex on my mind every so often, Its getting better now though.......

I know Its weird I just could care less about these girls. Sad thing is some of them really liked me but I didnt want anything more then sex.

It's probably normal, but it kind of sucks for the girls if you let them think you might want more.

But if you're up front about it just being physical and they go along, no harm no foul...I guess?

thanx everyone

Ya I try to tell them ( not directly ) but some just dont get it. I hope its normal, and I know I have to slow down its wearing me out going out every night and partying The crappy thing is I bet shes probably out there doing the same which kind of sucks to think about.

• 2 weeks later...
Since my break up I have been having casual sex with many different girls. Im talking 6 within the last month. I dont feel any emotinal attachment to these girls , but I just feel I need it. Is this normal after a long term relationship? Anyone else been through this stage? Will it ever end?

You should hope not. Are you crazy?