Lullabye To My Secret Valentine

avoj

There is a girl I know, when I'm with her, I forget about the past. Shes fun, shes kind, she even makes me laugh. She is more than just a girl, she is my friend. If given the chance, I would fall in love with her again and again. I'm lucky to have such a friend. Now I must go, I cannot say, she must never see my heart. For in her eyes, I see my reflection, standing so near, I will get burned. I cannot let go, in fear of pain, of my already tortured soul.

There is a girl I know, she brings a smile to my face everytime she is near. For now I must go, silently creeping back into my head. She must never know my hearts desire. It is a secret, kept under lock and key for all of eternity. My only witness the pen I used to write this with. The truth never uttered from these lips, denial a mark of ignorance.

I say good night to the one I adore. Sweet dreams and kisses at your door. Good night my sweet. Maybe I will see you in my dreams.

Sweet. But there comes a point where you have to ask yourself if you can stand never saying how you really feel. If you don't, then one day you will lose the chance and then have to look back and wonder why you didn't say anything. You'll wonder what could have happened. As hurtful as her not liking you in the same way would be, its even more painful to think back and think that you might have had a chance, but never went for it.

Ah..... well thats different then. Unfortunately then, you do have to wait. I've been there and its not easy. Really plays with your emotions. But if its meant to be, it will happen one day. And if it doesn't, you will find someone even better. Hang in there.