Last night I saw God!!!

Buli

I just want to share some words with you and please tell me what do you guys think?

It was midnight at the village of Khiba, in the Eastern Cape, South Africa. I had come with my cousin Thulani to perform a traditional ceremony. We had arrived at the village at around six am of that day.

When we got home we had to help with the preparations for the ceremony. We made fire, fetched tripots, and slaughtered a goat.

I helped some boys pump water from a water pump - a nice but tiring experience. After that I slept until the afternoon.

My soccer team (Bloemfontein Celtic) gave Kaizer Chiefs a 2-1 beating.

We drove to sleep at Twala's place at the top of the hill.

The weather was a bit chilly yet beautiful. There was a beautiful clear sky with the full moon. I wanted to appreciate the moment.

I thought it a perfect opportunity to have a one-on-one with God. My prayer was that God pardon me of my transgressions. I tried to put all my wrongdoings in front of God's eyes (not that He was not aware). I asked God to reveal his face to me. And He did, thus the poem. My first poem ever. Isn't that the face of God. I mean it is not a coincidence that I'm able to "come up" with such words when I had asked God to reveal Himself.

He revealed Himself in the beauty of His creation.

Look at the mountains, the sky, stars, moon and LIFE.

I was standing there thinking about how dynamic life was.

Standing at Twala's yard in Khiba was therapeutic.

The * * * * crow's echoed the existence of God.

The houwling of a dog/or whatever it was at a distance echoed the miracle that is God.

I thanked God for my son Katleho and my girlfriend Thandazo (well she's since become an ex)

21 August 2005

24h00

Last night I saw God

Last night I saw God

He was in the valleys of the Eastern Cape

He was in the beauty of the surrounding mountains of Khiba

He was in the curvacious landscape

Created by the hand that had time and

Passionate about waht it was creating

He was in the formation of the clouds

The brisk light of the moon

The few stars scattered around the big beautiful bright sky