I think i suffer from insomnia

For as long as i can remember ive had trouble getting to sleep (sometimes taking 2 1/2 hours to fall asleep) and often wake up 3 or so times during the night. I think it might be insomnia but not sure. Ive never really thought about it, its always been normal to me but when i was on a trip with some mates it made me realise how long it takes me to get to sleep in comparison to them.

I was just wondering if anyone here has had it before and got any tips on how to get over, or has anyone been to a doctor about it, and if so what did the doctor suggest?

Thanks in advance

LiveStrong

I have a lot of trouble sleeping too. Ever since I was a kid. It's gotten to the point where I'm building up an immunity of ambient and other sleeping pills. I can't offer you much help really just thought I should let you know you're not the only one. In fact, since me and my ex(or not ex, i don't even know anymore) broke up (two weeks) I maybe slept 30-35 hours. Liqueur always helps me fall asleep, but that's my answer to everything lol.

I've had similar problems. I used to sleep like the dead, but now I can spend the whole night staring at the ceiling. I've taken ambien with fair results, I still wake up at least once a night. Lunesta made me sick, I felt worse than if I hadn't slept. Red wine works well, something heavy with a lot of flavor (make the most of the calories), but not too much. Sometimes warm (not hot) showers can be relaxing, I can drain a water heater but its so wonderful. Hot cocoa or decaf tea makes me warm and fuzzy feeling, too.