One should have friends..

TheLegend

OK, This poem, I just translated it from another language, I think it's really nice, written by a famous poet. I thought I'd share it with you.. Hope you enjoy reading it as much as I do!

One should have friends,

Just like the harbours of the ships,

Where you visit, time to time,

And drop off all the weight on your shoulders,

And stay with until the wild waves calm down..

Then, should take you back to the open waters,

With the hope that you'll come back one day,

Sometimes should open your sail to the winds for you,

With the excitement of a kiss on the cheek,

Should untie your hawsers,

And miss you lots..

One should have friends,

Holy, wise, who can read life,

Help you think of things you never thought of,

Who can hold you securely when you're walking on a little rope,

Who can swallow fires for you if you need.

There should be someone who heats up your path,

Help you see everything you can't,

Should give you, on a cold winter day,

The only shirt that he has..

I really like the premise of this one.

Of what makes a real friend. I sometimes wonder if 'that' exists. At least for me. It seems that "I" was/am always everyones safety net, safe harbour, shoulder to cry on, rock of gibralter. And yet when I am in need.... I'm adrift out to sea... no sails.. no winds.. no rudder. And not even a flippin Pirate ship in sight... Whats with that???

Also... your sigs are awesome... I got a chuckle out of them. Thanks, I needed that.

Agreed, great premise. A true friend is there for you. It's someone who will always be there, will go out of their way for you. Someone you can trust with anything and when the roughest storm has come, when its nothing but darkness, they are the light that guides you.

Those friends do exist, but are rare. When you find one, enjoy it and don't let it slip away.

Shadow - I'm the same way. There for everyone, but when I need someone, where is everyone? It's the curse of having a good heart. Sometimes you don't get your due. But at least we've got each other.

Aye.. Shysoul.. and we live on opposite ends of this continent. ](*,)

Ohhh well. There's always email.

I really did like this poem and the fact that he translated it from a foreign language. Thats difficult to do. There are many times that the words do NOT directly translate... and then they don't make sense.

This is very well put together.

Email is great. We could live on opposite ends of the planet and still connect.

Didn't think about that. Translating from a foreign language can really change the meaning of things. But this poem wasn't affected, still holds together. The poem is really good and touching.