A world of darkness

ShySoul

Ok, so I wrote this when I was 12. So if it isn't very descriptive or seems childish in any way, its cause I was a child . Focused more on the idea and theme.

A World of Darkness

The walls close in

The lights fade out

Here I am

Alone

In a world of darkness

No hope

No joy

For this little boy

Trapped

In a world of darkness

Stuck

Out of luck

Everyone else

Runs amuck

On him

A slim

Gray chance

Anything will go right

In this cold

Dark night

Friends lie

Why does he try?

He gets yelled at

Like a little rat.

Wait!

What is is that?

A single light.

A ray of hope

For me

In a world of darkness.

Wrote a sequal to to it a few years ago. If anyone cares to hear it, I'll dig it up and post it.

Very cool. Glad you told me you were 12 when you wrote it. Made me go back to how I felt when I was 12. Alone. Misunderstood. And although it wasn't darkness... I sometimes wish it had been. The dark would have hid me. Made me less noticiable. Could have hidden away from the teasing kids.

Thanks shy... it was very nice.

Shy--Hey there!

Very, very good poem to be just 12 when you wrote it! You have a gift of expressing feelings and being compassionate.

Seems you've been in touch with the world around you for YEARS! Proves how intelligent and how much insight you have into human experiences.

Thanks everyone. Seems I've inadvertantly got everyone reminisicing about their childhood. Anyone got a poem on that?

musicguy - Remember what the poem was on? I think I did some really cheesy love poems for a girl around that age, but of course I never had the guts to show it to her.

msnak - Hey. How you've been? Got to start forcing myself to respond to emails better. Really, I do. I'm just curious about what's around me, like to understand things as much as possible.

good_charlotte - Sequel coming up shortly.

RIPDIME - Think of how you feel and write it down. That's what I did when I wrote that years ago, and what I do when I write. Being invisible... alone in a crowd... lost on the highway of life.... you can think of something.

And shadow - Even in the darkness some of your heart would have shone some light. I was picked on too, got along with most but didn't really have a close friend. Wrote it on a really bad day. But even then I was trying to find the silver lining in everything, leaving room for hope at the end.