the brazilian wax

ihtp0405

But do people alter their appearance because they really want to? Or because of socially constricted rules that tell them that is what they are suppose to do?

Personally, I find that the less you do to change your appearance, the more attractive you are. I don't even like perfume, gets in the way of her natural and alluring smell. Most beautiful sight is that of a women you love just waking up in the morning. No makeup, no stress or face put on for the rest of the world. Just completely her natural state.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is wearing makeup denying your nature as a mammal too?

I don't wear make-up, most of it causes me skin irritaion. Granted it's been done for thosands of years, but do you have to conform with something just because its so heavily practiced. Scarification, genital mutilation, tattoos, restrictive dress codes, they're all practiced the world wide, but the choices you make as an individual define who you are. Physical manipulations are just superficial and superfluous to living.

We're not talking about conformity here. The original post was about a brazilian wax. I would estimate that most women don't have a brazilian wax. For some men and even women, it's highly desireable. For others, it's not. Like every subject, you will have people on each side - one for, one against.

Are physical manipulations superficial? Depends on what you consider a manipulation. If you want to go to that extreme, wearing clothing is manipulating your body because it affects how people perceive your appearance. How far do you want to go? Is brushing your teeth manipulating your appearance? Afterall, it's hygiene as is shaving any part of your body . . .