You place bets and lose your child's money

And then lose some more

There tears burn like meteors

As you play in space, as if they are a million miles away

Tragic moments sprout these truths

And as I take care of your children

All I can say, is

Forget you

We are not goddess'es.. and sometimes we make bad choices. None of us is perfect. I'm sorry that you feel this way, or you feel neglected. She's too wrapped up with her own demons.. or hasn't grown up enough herself. To be able to love you the way you need to be loved. You can't love.. unless you know how to. And you can't love if you are running on empty yourself. Love your mother inspight of herself. She may not be the greatest mother in the whole world.. but she gave you the greatest gift... she gave you life.

Nice poem. I feel it.

I like your poem, very powerful and I sense there is a lot of hurt htere...

As Shadow said, people make mistakes in their lives and it's just part of humanity.

Parents have their demons and it takes time for them to get over them... my mother went through a divorce with her first husband and her second husband died, well of course that sent her loopy for many years and this affected my brother and I deeply, what with her drinking and whatnot.

Everyone deals with their demons in different ways - there are those that express them outwardly at people they are close to, and others that keep them inside and end up seriously hurting people from their pent-up emotions...

If this poem is about your mother, have you tried reaching out to her and helping her? If it is, and she is doing the things that you mentioned in your poem, perhaps it is time to reach out to her and help...

I like your poem. It feels like something youve written because you want to scream it out but instead youve held it in. I like the emotions, talk about coming from the heart! *smiles*

Sometimes mums do things, like the rest of us, that seems to be faded from any form of rules and become consumed in it all. Maybe she does need some help like serendipity said, maybe she needs support or some form of guidance. No ones taught (maybe with a few exceptions) how to be a mum, I mean mums all experience different situations. She might need some help there. She could be scared or maybe ashamed of not knowing what to do?

Im not sure, but maybe working together could help.

I hope you dont think im digging at you, because im sure youve thought through all these options.. i guess i prefer to think that everything can be "okay" .. sometimes it cant. I think its amazing that your taking care of the children (brothers or sisters :S) atleast they have a whole lot of love from you..

Im rambling! sorry.

kell

Hun,

My own mother was loving yet was "selfish" too- your poem hit home, litterally & I hope that you learn to forgive & letgo of the pain you feel towards her (or possibly another mother figure) in your life. We are only human & we make mistakes- everyone deserves a second chance.

I'll echo the words of everyone else. No one is perfect and we all have our demons to carry. We all want our parents to be there for us, to always to the right thing and be the perfect role models. But sadly they aren't. While I am fortunate to have a good mother for the most part, she too has her issues. Same with my dad. It hurts and you just want to scream out in pain and anguish.

The important thing to remember is that we are not our parents. They have a major influence on us and affects how we behave and think for the rest of our lives. But we still have the power to overcome their mistakes. We shouldn't let their problems become ours, bringing us down and preventing us from being the kind of person we want to be.

And nice poem.

• 4 months later...
We are not goddess'es.. and sometimes we make bad choices. None of us is perfect. I'm sorry that you feel this way, or you feel neglected. She's too wrapped up with her own demons.. or hasn't grown up enough herself. To be able to love you the way you need to be loved. You can't love.. unless you know how to. And you can't love if you are running on empty yourself. Love your mother inspight of herself. She may not be the greatest mother in the whole world.. but she gave you the greatest gift... she gave you life.

Nice poem. I feel it.

I agree with Shadows LIght. Women aren't perfect they all make mistakes.