How long before you enter the friendzone?

picsite

heres a recap: I recently started to like this girl who was from my middle school and is currently in my high school. I met her a couple of weeks ago talking with one of my friends, so I joined in and she said "Hey S***** ". Since than we have started talking more regularly. Now this was about 2-3 weeks ago, how much longer before she only starts looking at me as only a friend and cuts off the chance of dating me? Does this even happen, or did I just make this friendzone thing up? I don't want to make a move yet because I'm not sure about the signs.....there was a similar situation 2 yrs back whereby I rejected a girl and we didn't talk for 2 years and this year we started talking only a bit. So I don't want the same thing to happen here because I like talking to her. Suggestions.... comments.....

2-3 weeks you said? Well then she has already made her opinion of you-meaning you've already been placed in either "he is datable" or "he is not datable" category. So before you waste any more time, I would find out where you fall. Too many guys spend months even years hanging out and chatting it up before getting the nerve to ask. Don't let that happen to you. Who cares if she says no? It's better for her to say no now then months later when you are head over heels for her. Imagine trying to move on from her then rather than now. Ask her out.

I agree with DiggityDogg - I've been in the situation where I waited 2 whole years to spill my feelings and it didn't work to my advantage, let's just say.

You have nothing to lose NOW that you might not lose (and then some) a year down the road.