"The Forsaken Man"

Slain67

Here's a poem that I wrote. Let me know what you think.

The Forsaken Man

As he sat in his cold, dark corner,

he gazed upon the crowd filling the street.

Everyday, all the people would fill the streets,

some in groups, the rest in couples.

Some would wear make up and baggy clothes,

they would talk with each other and

the air would fill with laughter and attention.

Some wore fancy dresses and smiles upon their faces,

embracing the day's sun.

Others wore sleeveless shirts and clean-cut hair,

using brute force to get the job done.

No one noticed nor cared for the man in the corner,

hidden within the shadows that ate at his soul.

He prayed every morning and cursed God every evening.

He was not deaf nor blind, but voiceless.

The world left him to his own as it went on.

As time passed, the man's heart ached in agony,

for love was always out of his reach.

Death approached him one day and he willingly accepted it,

not leaving a trace behind...

Being the forsaken one that is ignored is hard. But you shouldn't give up. Someone sees the one in the corner and that person makes the lonliness fades away. So for the forsaken, have hope, things get better. And for the rest of us, pay attention to everyone, be more sensitive to all of our fellow men and women.

PS. Have you ever read "Invisible Man" by Ralph Ellison? Your poem reminded me of it. It's a good book.

Being the forsaken one that is ignored is hard. But you shouldn't give up. Someone sees the one in the corner and that person makes the lonliness fades away. So for the forsaken, have hope, things get better. And for the rest of us, pay attention to everyone, be more sensitive to all of our fellow men and women.

PS. Have you ever read "Invisible Man" by Ralph Ellison? Your poem reminded me of it. It's a good book.

I guess you saw right through that poem and into me. I don't think I've read that. But yeah, I hope to find that special girl one day that understands me. In a world this big, I doubt it though. I still feel hopelessness and depresion every day...

I guess you saw right through that poem and into me. Yeah, I hope to find that special girl one day that understands me. In a world this big, I doubt it though. I still feel hopelessness and depresion every day...

Poety is usually an expression of our thoughts and feelings, so it makes sense it was about you. I feel that hopelessness and depression everyday as well. Everyone does. Even those that have found someone feels it at times. But you can't give up. Always hold onto hope. Everything else can be taken from us, stripped away. But as long as we hold hope, we can overcome any obstacle and find the light out of the darkness.

Poety is usually an expression of our thoughts and feelings, so it makes sense it was about you. I feel that hopelessness and depression everyday as well. Everyone does. Even those that have found someone feels it at times. But you can't give up. Always hold onto hope. Everything else can be taken from us, stripped away. But as long as we hold hope, we can overcome any obstacle and find the light out of the darkness.

It really doesn't seem like people feel the same way. They somehow act all happy and joke around. If they do, I don't know how they can do it. I think I still have a little hope glowing inside my heart but this obstacle seems to complex for me. It's sad but I can never get a girl to like me or get the courage to talk with girls that might.

This poem is turning into a conversation haha..

Eveyone has fears and problems. Everyone feels lonely. Some people just don't show it. Or they show it only on rare occasions with people they are closet too.

As long as you hold onto that little hope inside, you'll be ok. I've felt just the same way. Girls have only recently seemed to notice me. And I've always frozen when it comes to girls I like.

How old are you? Just wondering cause that could explain why you feel like you do and help figure out a way that you can feel better. You have plenty of time to find someone, it will happen. Believe me, it will. Don't give up hope.

I like the way you write. Atleast you can express the way you feel. I think the attitude portrayed in your poem is far better than that of denial. Im not saying "the foresaken man" should be greatful of what he has, or maybe he should be, but atleast theres some truth to him. Hes his own person. The amount of times ive met people who were him on the inside but were so consumed in portraying something else is unreal. It hurts for others not to accept or acknowledge you. BUT on the other hand, it hurts knowing people are accepting you and acknowledging you for something that you clearly arent. Fair enough, spend enough time pretending who you want to be and you might just become them but i know a fair few people who arent happy with who they are but are too scared to express themselves.

In some way the foresaken man has advantages, maybe theyre just not seen yet either.

I hope this makes sense.

Sometimes you can gt noticed without noticing whos noticed you! Keep your eyes pealed, theres always someone about

me!!.. sorry i got a big energetic.

great poem. kell x