how long to find a part-time job?

Double J

I'm currently searching for a part-time job. I left my last job in Sept due to a major school overload. A few weeks ago I switched from Accounting to Marketing, and my last job did involve Accounting work, so that's obviously still reflected in my resume. I'm looking for marketing assistant-type jobs and i'm employing careerbuilder, monster, hotjobs, and my school's own career services website (as of yesterday) as mediums.

Recently I decided that since i'm very skilled in writing, typing, data entry, etc, I figured I should make my objective more abroad and include data entry/clerical as well as marketing, but I don't think that would be a good idea anymore. I think they'll see that i'm a marketing major and be like huh? Plus I think it'd be better to get more experience in marketing than clerical for sure. I actually applied to one that was more tailored to office administration people, but it said it was good for business majors and offered flexibility. I called 2 or 3 times to check the status and unfortunately they filled the position w/ someone else. Guess it wasn't meant for me.

How long does it typically take to find a good part-time job? I've been searching now for about 2 weeks, and thus far, I've only gotten responses from staffing agencies. I've tried one staffing agency and I honestly don't like them that much - they could take a really long time to find you a job. I'll use them as a resource but prefer finding the job on my own. I guess this would also be considered entry level since I haven't really been in a marketing-related job before, but It's definitely what I want to do now

any responses welcome.