I've been feeling kind of lonesome lately. I live with my best friend under my parents' roof (long story), but because I am so into my own thing, my own interests different to that of his, I don't get anything out of talking to him anymore, especially after he moved in with us/me a few months ago. We used to do to everything together, and now it seems like I am here and he's there. We used to be into video games and sports together, but I gradually lost an interest in both, however, he didn't. I'm really into playing music, and he doesn't play an instrument, but he respects what I do and supports me.

I think you get my point.

Music is an escape for me, a way to express myself, almost spiritually, and it is a major part of my life. When I'm not practicing, I'm listening to music at my computer with my headphones while he, or when my parents are home, are in the other room watching TV or something.

When I've had girl problems in the past, I'd talk to him about it. However, he's not comfortable talking about his own problems to me... and I've known him for most of his life. He's practically a brother to me, but it seems like lately we have been going in our own directions. He's the best friend I could ever ask for. I do have a few other friends, but he's the only one who really understands what I am like.

I just feel like getting this out right now.

The reason he is still your bestfriend is because of all the things you experienced together in the past. The more expericnes we have with people and the more those experiences affect us, the stronger our bonds are to each other.

Your lacking things to do together now is stretching your friendship, but it need not break. Music is important to you and not as to him. Maybe you could encourage him to learn more, and share it a bit with you. Maybe, you endure a few more video games. Maybe you really need to look for other things to share.

Maybe he feels that because you are both living under the same roof, that it changes your relationship? ie. instead of friends, you are more like brothers, or more used to each other than you were before..

Have you tried telling him that you are there for him to share his feelings? It probably sounds very corny of me to say it, but even just telling people that you are there for them can be a good thing.

I would say try and get back into the video games and stuff with him - if not, find a common interest and use that to get the friendship up and running again!