feel so homesick

hey guys. been at uni since last sun and feel so homesick right now. dont wana get up 2moro to do lectures. i dont get them anyway. i think im gona fail anyway and i cant be bothered to study. i dont like it here!!!!I DONT HAVE a best friend, or even a good friend. i hate my room, i hate my bathroom i hate being here. i want to go home to home comforts. i feel so lost. but if i go home my eating disorder will be worse, as here i dont have the money to spend on food.

i want to see the guy i was seeing breifly before i left. i want the comfort of having him. i want the comfort of someone having me and belonging to someone and to somewhere. i feel sick of being here. i dont want to be here.

I've heard this happens to a lot of uni students. Over time the feelings get better and they begin to fit in. Join a uni group. They meet up for coffee, discos, etc. you can find out about these sort of things at the Student Union.

I'm sure you'll feel better soon.

Good luck and take care.

Homesickness seems to be part of the package with University. You're taken away from all comforts of home or at least a majority and there is much schedule and life change.

Aside of repeating most of what you've already stated obviously, being busy is one of the main points of overcoming homesickness. Join study groups, set up a study group, join clubs, do community service, socialize and mingle with interesting strangers.

The school I attend I have no best friend, I have friends, but my best friend and I are in contact over long distance. Losing friends is one of the major points of homesickness, when my friend and I parted for different schools I was not doing well with the situation as I missed her greatly, I still miss her a lot months later but I'm adjusting. I guess the idea is, you'll have to work with what is given. You'll have the good and the bad to weed through before your personal gems (friend material) shine through. If you can contact old friends do so, my friend and I spend enough money on communication you'd swear it was a LDR, but it really helps, usually it goes both ways. If one is homesick so with the other, and if the friends are not going to college they still experience a form of loss for those who did leave.

Family can also be contacted if you are on good terms with them. Even if it is only a letter, short call or email. It makes all the difference to have support and comfort from somewhere. As for the physical comforts, you don't really get that in College unless you're close to someone who can provide that, I think that is one thing a majority of College students feel a loss of. It can be lonely but again, communication helps some.

An idea to keep in mind, the first week is the worse, at least it was for me. The second week I had the schedule down but still not pleased. Months later I'm snuggled into the system and content for most part despite a few inconviences.

Aw chick, I feel for you I really do. I'm in the same situation myself. It's really hard for me to go home at weekends too because I'm quite a bit away from home. My first week was AWFUL, like the worst time I have ever had. But now, I can talk to some people on my course, have been out a few times and it has gradually got better. I still miss home, and phone everyday, but it's not as bad as the 1st week which I hated and wanted to give up and go home. I do enjoy lectures now, and getting out and about. My flat- mates are terrible, apart from one who I talk to. I don't have any best friends, hardly friends, hardly anyone or anything up here either. I have to say though I've come round to thinking, Uni is what you make of it. There is no point sitting being depressed, get out there and enjoy it. It's only going to be 3 years, with holidays when you'll be home! Try and be positive, it's the only thing you can do.

Feel free to PM me if you want.

Good Luck and Take care, Hk87

im feeling the same way... even though im not new and been living on my own for a while... i do get this feeling sometime.. now more than often.

When im back home sometime or soon i want to run away from all the relatives, but never want to run away from the comfort and food i dont have here.. so yeah im homesick too.. especially right now... i dont have any good friends here either and just feeling pretty lonely.

you are not alone

When i was younger i looked forward to uni, but also wa worried of being homesick.

I went to uni in 2001. It took me about a month to settle down and get use to it. Then i started to really enjoy it.

Went home for summer. On returning for my second year in a new hall of residance i was homesick again. I was used to being back at home again. This time it only took me 2 weeks to settle in and start enjoying it again.

In my third year i couldnt wait to leave home from the summer hols and get back to uni. loved it from the moment i got back to uni. I actually couldnt be bothered to go home most times i went home, but went cause my parents wanted to see me. I feel guilty about this.

Finished uni now. Now onto my second year of working. Live away from home with mates. If anything i would get homesick by being at home

Give it time, u will b fine.