Question... and a song, but there is also a question...

metallicachica247

They tell me the ice will stay cold

And that I'll remain b***y until I am old

The air is thick, there is no breaking through

Dense as a brick, But I still try for you

I thought keeping a friend was no sweat

Little did I know, how much I'd regret

The crystal clear glass has cracked

You left me, will you ever look back?

No, you say, you will never forget

All which I will always regret

We said we would never drift out

Of all that was lost, nothing was found

The sky looks like gravestones

Gray, raining tears that taste like salt

You can't take the blame

You say it is all my fault

I know I have been inhumane

Unlike you, I admit to being lame

The emotional pain is worse than the physical

The feeling of love keeps growing more brittle

It's important for you to stay away

Stay where you are, wait for a fresh new day

You should never return

Or I might leave you with an eternal burn

That was a song i wrote when i was going through a really self-conscious time and i thought everyone hated me because i was fat. Can someone tell me if 5'7 and 150 lbs is fat? i have ben called fat a LOTTTTT lately but my mom just says losing 20 lbs wouldnt hurt you. and my brother who is bigger than me has decided to call me an elephant and my dad just goes you work out, so whats with that belly? i cant win. i used to be 195 or 190 when i was 5'3 so i obviously lost a lot, but no matter how much i lose i still got people calling me fat. i want honest opinions... am i average or overweight or obese

Hey,

I'm about 5'7 and I used to weigh about 145lbs. Looking back at pictures, I wouldn't call myself fat, but I was maybe "thick", but in proportion. I looked a normal/average weight. Yet I constantly felt really self-conscious about my weight, especially b/c I used to weigh 125 when I was 13. I told myself I gained the extra weight b/c my body was "growing up", which is true. But 20lbs is a lot to grow up to. So I was finally sick of feeling this way aaaalll the time, so I began to watch what I eat; I never really ate junkfood, but my portion sizes were way to big. I also began running, which I love!

Anyway, yes, since then (maybe 6 or so months) I am down to about 135lbs and I really notice the difference. All my clothes still fit, but instead of kinda tight, they are now comfortably loose and look better. So I lost the majority of my weight off my thighs and stomach--it's a big difference; I can't believe there was 10lbs there. Did you know that's 5 tubs of butter (tub=2lbs)?!

In conclusion, I wouldn't call you fat, but 10lbs for me really did make a difference. The other day my friend was like, "omg, you're so tiny"--whereas when i was 145 I constantly felt "big".

thanks for the input. i know im not fat, but compared to everyone around me... or most people around me and on tv and all that, i feel pressured to be thin and if i suck in, then i am perfectly thin and if i was like that with out having to suck it in, then i would be so happy, so i have been watching what i eat and in the past month ive lost about 6 lbs.

• 7 months later...