Friends and Parents

I have a friend who has a problem with drugs, drinking, and just generally bad and rebellious behaivor, however, he is my -best- friend. I haven't gone to school with him for a while because I was forced to change schools. He is now in a sort of drug rehabilitation program and his mom tells me that he will be going to my school soon. I have a feeling that when he does, I'll lose all my friends and it will just be me and him hanging out for a while. I don't really have a problem with that, or his behaivor, or anything.

However my parents really don't like this kid because they think he is a bad influence. I hate it when they say that. They don't know him at all and it infuriates me when they judge him based on the things they've heard. They've only heard the bad things, they don' t know all the good things about him. Recently they've been saying "When he comes, if your grades start slipping or you get in trouble.."

My question is simple, how can I deal with this situation? My parents hate my best friend, what can I do to change their opinion of him?

Just prove to them, with actions, that you are responsible. Don't let your grades slip. If you show them you can be friends with him and still be responsible and not do the bad things he does, then they will not think that he has an influence on you. They will trust your judgement overall.

BellaDonna