I don't want to lose a great thing....

I have been dating my girlfriend for the last three months, and things have been great. We are both in our early thirties, and have much in common. She is normally very good at telling me she loves me, and we have great sex. The problem lies in that she travels quite a bit for work, and was recently on a 2 week trip. I was doing OK, but she turns into workaholic woman when she's away. I can understand that she is VERY busy, but if she doesn't take 5 minutes to call even at the end of the day, it really makes me feel last on the list. That is when I will usually call her. I feel very needy, and I know that will make her run. I'm sure things will be cool when she's back in town, but I need advice on how to remain my own person and not live for the moment she calls.

Thanks in advance.

My ex was like that. She didn't call me for 5 days when she went to Vegas to visit her family, granted we fought a few days before she went. But that is no excuse. She told me she would call me if she wanted to talk, so I didn't call her once on her trip. Also it seems like whenever she is out with her friends, she would never answer my calls or even call me. She would call me when she got home.

When she did those things, it broke my heart and irritated me at the same time. I couldn't and still don't know why it was so hard for her to call. It doesn't take much effort to dial a phone and say "hi" for a minute.

I didnt call her because I too felt needy and clingy, so I just stayed busy and waited for her call. It sucks to wait for someone to call you back, especially when its your girlfriend.

She called last night and has finished here trip, and she sounds like she is back to the girl I fell in love with. She even apologized for being distant this week. It is new for her to have to deal with work and consider someone's feelings at the same time- Hopefully she will work on it, and I will try to work on giving her the space she needs while away on business. It is sooooo hard.