Body language of a shy guy who is interested?

dimples

Sorry to barge in, but could you explain that? That doesn't seem to make a lot of sense, and though I believe you, I don't quite get it...

To the topic creator, it does appear as if this guy likes you. I would suggest getting to know him a bit more -- it's not like he'll mind you initiating more conversations with him if he likes you! You'll be able to tell if he's not interested if he doesn't pay attention to you when you're talking to him.

I'm a really shy guy, and can verify that this is correct. We are terrified of what might occur with someone we're interested in and will avoid them to prevent being embarassed.

I'm PAINFULLY shy. Whenever I see my crush(I made a thread about her. She's a co-worker.) I physically start feeling like my body is shaking. It is impossible for me to make eye contact with her. She always engages me in conversation first. Never ever vice versa. She probably thinks I don't like her or barely notice her but she doesn't know that I think about her every second of the day, everyday.

That sucks. I'm shy but if I like someone I've started trying to talk to them more. I think if she talks to you you need to try and be more receptive, smile, make it seem like you're happy she's talking to... else she WILL think you don't like her. I tried to start a conversation with the guy I like a few days ago and he gave me an answer to my question but he didn't try to keep the conversation going... it made me think he wasn't interested and doesn't care... which then makes me think 'maybe I need to forget about him if he's not interested'. If you actually like this girl at least try and be nice and try and keep talking. You don't need to reveal you like her, or flirt, just say or do something so she'll go away feeling positive and not negative. It would be sad if two people liked each other but the one gave off vibes that he wasn't interested so the other gave up and moved on.

• 2 weeks later...
I'm PAINFULLY shy. Whenever I see my crush(I made a thread about her. She's a co-worker.) I physically start feeling like my body is shaking. It is impossible for me to make eye contact with her. She always engages me in conversation first. Never ever vice versa. She probably thinks I don't like her or barely notice her but she doesn't know that I think about her every second of the day, everyday.

Hi, i'm in a similar predicament. I know this guy at work and he's displayed all of these traits you've described. Can i ask how did you get over from being nervous/shaking to actually talking to her in a comfortable way. I like to know this guy as a friend and i enjoy our conversations but i feel he holds back because he's shy too. He's actually a really cool guy and its a shame he can't relax around me i feel like im missing out on this friendship!

Btw did you say you made another thread about her? may i see?! thanks

• 1 year later...

He displays all signs described in the forum, but he clearly stated by sms that he feels nothing for me, that i just convinced myself he likes me, that he has no intentions but to be friends, like brother and sister, he told me to stop writing to him.He did not respond my last messages and then when i showed up at church (where he is near the priest) he was soooooooooo shy and his eyes lost!he was looking to the ground, all blushed, fidgeting his hands, then from beyond the altar he looked at me sneakingly with a curious and happy smile ( he didnt know i saw him).Then he avoided me completely, really serious and angry look.

Then i saw him smiling broadly again with raised eyebrows, almost laughing with happiness.

Today i wrote him a message asking him to pray for me cause i am really afraid, cause i dreamt that i died, and he didn't answer that too.

What on earth am I supposed to believe?

Archived