Get a life! I know, but I'm still here lonely and bored...

Had a bad fight with my GF. She got diagnosed with an early stage of diabetes, and the doctor happened to be my brother, so we had an argument and I haven't seen nor talked to her since then... (I think she broke up with me without "saying" it)

(Long story, but as I can only open one post, maybe I'll leave it for later).

Well, I have basically no friends at all. Sad but true. So these past days Ive talked only to people at work, customers and thats it.

My "only" hobby are motorcycles, so I went today to an "open house" on a dealership close to my house. Hanged out there for like 3 hours, most of the time I was looking at bikes, talking to other people, etc.

But then I came home, and well, I'm still bored and lonely. That wasn't fullfiling at all, it was just like killing time, but I wasn't THAT happy.

How can I get to meet more people, make new friends...

I want to get out of here!!! This hole is lonely, and I can't seem to help it...

Maybe go to a few bars or night clubs? Or maybe join chat rooms? There are plenty of places to go hang out to get a chance to meet friends. It can be lonely when you only have work and hobbies to preoccupy you. Or, maybe expand your interest on things and go to conventions. That's one way to go. Good luck.

I have had a similar experience to you. After my split from my ex (who was also ill, with something called endometriosis) I realised how lonely i am. Please remember that these feelings are made worse by your regection, you feel abondoned and this feeling runs deep. This is effecting everything.

My advice is to stay strong, get a good hobby, and why not ask some work friends to have a drink. start slowly, get to know people, and form new relationships. Try and find common ground with people, and i think you have already started trying that!

Just keep going, keep talking, and if it helps, go and talk to a pro, its nothing to be afraid or ashamed of.

Ps, you can PM me anytime you need anything!

Ben

Bars???

What are you supposed to do in a bar, just sit there, have a drink and go home?

At least all the bars in here are places where people go, in groups, when they are not in the mood for a night club.

Nightclubs are even worse, people go in groups, and often don't talk to any other people outside that gruop, or another group where someone knows someone in their own group.

Its a little bit different in here how nightclubs work, you ARENT SUPPOSED TO GO ALONE to those places. Heck, I really doubt you'll event get to be admited to a nightclub if you go alone, you'll be left outside.

Motorcycles are supposed to be a hobbie where you can meet a lot of people, and I've met quite a bit of people, but not people I can be really friends with, extremely different people with nothing in common, up to now. Girls??? Ha, thats a joke! Motorcycles are a "macho" thing, unfortunately.

Go to link removed or link removed or friendfinder if you want to find a girlfriend, link removed is also a good one to go to for friends, guy friends, maybe look on the internet for motorcycle clubs, and join one, I am sure there are other poeple out there, who you can be friends with. I know I feel that way too, but I have been making friends with people at work, oh yeah and remember something... A friend doesn't have to have your exact interests, I have many friends that have little to nothing in common with me, but we still talk from time to time, or go out, even if it is just once in a while.

You are to try to be adaptable, and be friendly, don't load them up with your problems right away, just be friends with them, get to know them, then after a while you will be able to call them your best friend.