The Girl I left behind

shorty20

I posted a part of this poem on here a while ago and said it was just a start.... well here's the finished poem.... let me know what u guys think

Tears sting my eyes

can't get rid of all these cries

can't stand all these lies

I look in the mirror

And what do I see?

Fragments and Pieces

Of what used to be me

These feelings of hate

I can not ignore

I don't even know

Who I am anymore

He's turned me into

This distorted reflection

I need to turn back

Go the other direction

But his grip is too tight

His hold is to strong

I'm locked in a place

Where I don't belong

I need to turn back

I need to remind

myself

Of the girl I left behind

Your poem is really interesting. I think though that it is impossible to go back and be who you used to be. Once you have lost your innocence, it is almost impossible to go back and some how get it back. You will ALWAYs be different. Instead, you could dream up how your future will be. Think about the future, and not the past.

I think you got a different meaning from my poem then I actually meant. When I wrote this, I was trying to get out of a relationship. A relationship that had totally drained me, and changed me as a person. I wasn't the light hearted, carefree, fun girl I was when I'd started dating him. He'd turned me into the basketcase of a girlfriend because he never let me do anything.. never let me go out... never let me talk to my friends.... I was a completely different person with him, and I mean that different in a bad way. I wrote this as I was battling with breaking up with him.... which I eventually did, and am now back to having fun and being myself.... with innocence...no I think you're right about that.... once it's gone you can really never go back to who you used to be.... it'd be almost impossible... anywayz, good insight and a different look at what my poem meant to you.... thanx for the comment....