How Long Should I Wait Till I Ask What's Wrong?

seroyla

Previous Post Summary:

Visited a friend (long-time-ago Ex-bf) up in Ohio, kind of a weird visit... y'all tried to help me figure out why my telling him "Well I love you, take care and be safe" just before I got in my car to drive home to NC (I was visiting OH) would make him start acting all distant. We discussed him maybe still liking me in a romantic sense where-as I love him as a friend and maybe when I told him I loved him-- maybe it made him feel crummy cause he knew I only loved him as a friend-- hence, him giving me the cold shoulder, not emailing like usual, seeming like I irritated him.

Someone suggested to wait and leave him alone for awhile cause if I bugged him it would be like rubbing even more salt in the old wound. So i have- but I hoped/expected to hear from him by the end of the week.

So now my question is: It's been a week + of not hearing from him-- usually I hear from him after I send my customary "thank-you" email- he at least says "You're welcome."

When should I break-down and email/call him to ask if I upset him or ticked him off in anyway when I visited? Should I ? Or should I just wait.... the bad thing about waiting is that I've waited 2 years for a reply from him before and the whole point of me saying I loved him (even though it was supersuper casual like any other friend would say) was to make the relationship closer so THAT kind of waiting wouldn't happen again.

What do I do?