IUDs and Pregnancy Test.

LoveBug190011

Hi everyone so I might not be posting in the right group for this but I’m giving it a shot! 

So in March of this year I got my first ever IUD placed. I’ve always had irregular and horrible periods and no other form of birth control helped. I was finally recommended the IUD in February and was excited to get it I have multiple friends and family who have it and they love it. I was also relieved to know that it can stop your cycle all together after a while which I was glad to hear. Well now it’s been 6 months and I haven’t had my cycle since September and as someone who never experienced not having there usual cycle I still tend to get worried whenever I don’t have it so I’ve been buying Pregnancy Test just to have a piece of mind that it’s actually my IUD working and not one of those “I have an IUD and still got Pregnant.” Stories I hear and read about online. I’m just wondering if that makes me seem crazy or if others have done the same. Like I said it’s been a lot of years of having my cycle and for it to just stop because of this little device still is crazy to me.

Thanks for reading and commenting! 

No it doesn't.  I took pregnancy tests -a few -while on the pill because I was late.  No method is foolproof.  Many things can stop your period - pregnancy, stress, early menopause.   I never had an IUD but was on the pill as long as I was because of irregular and horrible periods so I get it! I never missed a period while on the pill.  

• Thanks 1