How do I get along with people that I know hate me?

Enya77

14 hours ago, Enya77 said:

I don't know. Maybe I'm just trying to find ways to accept it and myself better, but it seems that's not working. Everytime this happens, I question myself. I have an extreme emotional reaction to the point where my old therapist diagnosed me with a disorder or something that basically said I react to things with extreme emotions. Basically another way to say overreacting.

I don't know how to nelieve anything else when this is what I've experienced my whole life.

Okay, then remember what you said below, and keep this statement close at hand to remind yourself when you need to. Also consider wearing earphones to listen to something interesting or soothing whenever you are placing yourself in situations that prompt you to possibly mis-hear what is being said around you.

A combo of these two actions would be deliberately attempting to make the kind of changes you want. Holding onto to a hard line of beliefs that may not be accurate is not helpful and works against your goal.

On 10/18/2024 at 8:03 PM,  Enya77 said:

That makes a lot of sense and I've done that before. Sometimes I do take things that are innocent and think they were insults directed at me. I've done something exactly like that multiple times too.

• Thanks 1