Smothered and drained by a close friend, don't know how to deal with it anymore

Guest Anonymous

I'd tell friend that I love and appreciate her so much. I want to set up a schedule for specific days and times each week for our conversations. I'm reserving these times for her because there are also other things I want and need to do, so she gets first priority in picking our times. Suggest three or four times a week.

As for the visits, I wouldn't address those until closer to the time she will make reservations. When is she due to visit next?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 10/20/2024 at 4:54 AM, Rockchick26 said:

Talking about your feelings isn't lying. Yes you can probably handle them coming for two weeks, but you feel very tired and burnt out. There's a difference between a situation and your feelings about a situation. Yes, you're single, no job and no kids. But just because you're free doesn't change how you feel. For example, let's say I'm a shy homebody (example only lol). Let's say I enjoy my own company and I have my whole weekend free. I get invited by friends to go out to a party. Yes I'm free but I don't WANT to go to the party. I don't have to do something I don't want to do just because I'm free. So I could lie to my friends that I'm sick. Or I could just tell them my real feelings: "Hey sorry guys, I find parties overwhelming. I'd rather stay home and read my book. Thank you for the invitation though!" I'm not being rude, I'm not saying I don't like my friends. I'm simply saying honestly how I really feel. Does that make sense?

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Tinydance said:

Talking about your feelings isn't lying. Yes you can probably handle them coming for two weeks, but you feel very tired and burnt out. There's a difference between a situation and your feelings about a situation. Yes, you're single, no job and no kids. But just because you're free doesn't change how you feel. For example, let's say I'm a shy homebody (example only lol). Let's say I enjoy my own company and I have my whole weekend free. I get invited by friends to go out to a party. Yes I'm free but I don't WANT to go to the party. I don't have to do something I don't want to do just because I'm free. So I could lie to my friends that I'm sick. Or I could just tell them my real feelings: "Hey sorry guys, I find parties overwhelming. I'd rather stay home and read my book. Thank you for the invitation though!" I'm not being rude, I'm not saying I don't like my friends. I'm simply saying honestly how I really feel. Does that make sense?

I would say I am busy -whether that meant busy going out with a friend or busy having a date at home with me- pajamas, a book , a good snack or good episode of Shark Tank or 20/20 - none of the person's business.

• Like 1