Pirate's Booty...

Is anyone familiar with this utterly delicious snack?

It looks like popcorn, it's made from oats and corn, it's baked not fried, is gluten free and zero sugar!

I just discovered this and been eating a ton of it!  

But now some folks on reddit (ugh) are saying it's no better than a bag of cheetos! 

Any thoughts or if anyone has tried would be appreciated. 

LOL a couple of years ago it was all the rage with the elementary school kids especially when it was given as a snack at after school activities. I think I tried it.  I don't like getting used to things that make you want to eat more -meaning snacks like that - too easy to mindlessly nibble which I did for many years and do not anymore with rare exception.  But yes it's really popular!

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, yogacat said:

Yes, I ate it years ago, loved it. My most recent kick was flaming hot popcorn. It was so spicy but sooo good.

I don't eat these snacks often enough so once in a while is fine for me.

OIP.jpg

Haha I can't eat that!  Yikes I think I would probably die!  Lol.

Seriously!

Anyway I stopped eating the PB and made quick pickled English cucumbers to munch on while I'm writing my gasp, novel.  Lol

Snacking helps my creativity!

Don't laugh there is research behind that. :classic_biggrin:

• Like 1

Good luck with your novel! My friend is about to publish her second and the first did well -she published a few years ago and she is in her 50s. It's a huge endeavor! I've never tried to write a novel -short stories, poems, play scenes way back when yes and I wrote a short children's book.  Novel -a whole other thing of course.

I was more of a snacker then covid hit and I knew if I was home all the time and my son -who needed snacks more than me -was home all the time I'd start emotional eating to an extent.  So I stopped most nibbling -but- replaced it with water - having my favorite water bottle nearby sort of fulfils that need to "munch" while I work.  And plain water -I have such a sweet tooth so if it is flavored -or diet soda (which I've basically given up) for me it would trigger carb cravings which plain water does not.  And if I'm starving between meals I limit myself to specific things that don't trigger cravings -like a small banana or some apple slices, etc maybe a few nuts on a road trip if we're not going to stop to eat for awhile.  Some people really need to eat more frequently for a variety of reasons and have a lot more discipline/restraint than me even around PB LOL.

Fun topic and thread!

• Like 1

10 hours ago, rainbowsandroses said:

Haha I can't eat that!  Yikes I think I would probably die!  Lol.

Seriously!

Anyway I stopped eating the PB and made quick pickled English cucumbers to munch on while I'm writing my gasp, novel.  Lol

Snacking helps my creativity!

Don't laugh there is research behind that. :classic_biggrin:

Haha - it is rather spicy!

So cool that you're writing a novel. I think that's right up your alley, you're a good writer!!