How would one go about handling this?

Enya77

On 10/6/2024 at 7:57 PM, yogacat said:

Says who, you? My god, can you toot your own horn anymore? OP is being called ugly by her family members, what does it matter how chic someone is?

OP, distance yourself. They don't treat you kindly. Who cares about fashion and appearance when there's bullying involved? Sounds like sister needs therapy or both probably need therapy together.

Agreed. The good thing is that I live in my own cabin on a different part of the property. My mom kicked me out and forced me to buy and build it (with the help of my dad). It was the best thing that ever happened to me because I used to constantly have to hear their criticisms of me and it impacted me a lot. I know they hate me and so I don't even try to be around any of them anymore. I hate them right back! Lol

2 hours ago, Enya77 said:

Agreed. The good thing is that I live in my own cabin on a different part of the property. My mom kicked me out and forced me to buy and build it (with the help of my dad). It was the best thing that ever happened to me because I used to constantly have to hear their criticisms of me and it impacted me a lot. I know they hate me and so I don't even try to be around any of them anymore. I hate them right back! Lol

My gosh your family sounds awful. I get why this frustrates you - I’m glad to hear you’ve got your own place - maybe limit your contact with them to only necessary conversations.

You don't have to prove anything to anyone like outdoing yourself in some capacity whether that be through style or anything else of interest. It's one less thing to worry over even though it can be an annoying thing. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Enya77 said:

Great news about living in your own cabin.  🙂  👍  Wear what you want,  do your hear according to your preference,  enjoy your unique style and if you're copied,  you have no control over what emulators do.  Wear whatever you wear proudly and know there is only one special you. 

Ignore their criticisms.  Disengage. 

• Thanks 1