Why is he is becoming rude with me..?

I had a fling with a co worker and I have been trying to rekindle things but I was unsuccessful when he didn't respond to my text of suggesting to meet so I got the impression that he just wanted to keep our interactions at work.

I try to strike up conversations but I get the energy that he wants to keep me at arms length. He doesn't seem engaging unless it's something to do with work or silly joking remarks here and there. Some time ago, I waved at him goodbye when I saw him outside on my way home after work but he didn't wave back and pretended not to notice 

Last time I went towards him to say something and as soon as he saw me coming towards him  he was like "I don't care" but I ignored it and adressed what I had to say

I don't know why he is behaving like that towards me when he seems comfortable around other coworkers. 

We are cordial for most part but he seem to avoid personal conversations..

Two scenarios:

1. Either you broke up the fling in which case he does have a pride and doesnt want to get back to somebody who casted him away first time

2. You mentioned he broke up with his girlfriend on another thread so I am guessing it was probably a fling while he had a girlfriend. In which case, he doesnt want you as one and didnt want you as one. It was just sex for him.