Having a Hard Time Over Some Random Guy

moodindigo91

4 minutes ago, Batya33 said:

OK. And that was ok with you as far as long term potential? Maybe so -totally fine if so.  I dated someone like that in my 20s - total hottie lol.  It was and became way too much for me and put me in danger once.  He ended up needing I believe rehab of some sort in his 40s/early 50s- we are still in touch -we are in our late 50s now. I do know of happy couples who drink that regularly so no judgment here. However might explain why he reacted as he did -he chooses to drink and perhaps it brings out these sides of him where he uses disgusting language about women.  But I'm sure he knows of those tendencies of his. 

I wasn't sure yet. I will say, I was uncertain about a lot of things about him but I guess I was okay with the no-pressure kind of way things were. But his drinking was limited to weekends and he's otherwise sober and responsible. I didn't really see how the drinking could cause issues until Friday 😅 I think you're right, it probably brings out nasty parts of him that I was otherwise unaware of. I can't say I had any real expectations for this connection but I did have some hope. I think my feelings right now have less to do with him personally and more to do with how I feel generally about my love life and the decisions I've made. 

9 hours ago, moodindigo91 said:

he thinks she is a c-nt

He sounds like a *** honestly. If he has to ditch you like that without elaboration and send a half-assed "apology" next day I don't think your response was particularly cold at all. It matches his energy.

OK, first of all, I hate people using the "c word". And what I'd hate even more is someone calling my friends the "C" word! Is this a good friend of yours? In all honesty, unless she was super rude, this guy acted like a total jerk. I mean, he called her that and then he just ditched you. And even if let's say the guy was a decent person, he clearly seemed to hate your friend to the point of leaving the bar. If this is your close friend and he's just a guy you hooked up for a month. Who do you think you'd choose, your actual good friend or your hookup? Especially a hookup who acted super rude.

I don't actually think that this guy was that into you all along. It probably was just a hookup for him and when he didn't like your friend, he just dumped you. Like, he didn't like you enough to bother to act civil towards your friend. Or to act civil towards you for that matter. 

Honestly I think it's for the best he's gone. I think he's not that interested and he made that clear. And even if he just wanted sex but literally he called your friend the worst word there is! He's not even smart enough to play his cards right to get sex lol