A girl was pretty mean to me and then felt very bad …

SC2005

I am 19, was in this “prank war” with a girl who I’m kinda into. I stole some stuff of hers, she stole mine, I took her phone and posted some embarrassing things which she approved of and found hilarious. 

Then, she saw me enter her room (where I did the “next stage — all I did was put a note on her bed); and she decided in response to take my guitar and cut the strings.

She instantly felt awful, was almost crying, told me again and again how bad she feels .., 

is there anyway to read this in terms of how she feels about me or is it irrelevant? 

see my previous post for more details on other stuff she’s said: 

Sounds like she is just a decent person who realizes they've gone too far in destroying your property.

Stop escalating this "prank war" if you want to preserve your relationship with her even as just a friend. It's a silly way to create resentments and bad drama.

If you can forgive her for cutting the string of your guitar, tell her so and let her know that you both are at fault for letting it get this far and it's not a big deal, you should both move on from it.

Ask her out on a date if you are into her. That's the best way to see how she feels about you. 

• Like 1

I agree,  the pranks have to stop.  It's juvenile and immature.  It's time to grow up. 

Both sides need a calm discussion,  sincere apologies are required to make amends,  make a pact and if you're really attracted to her,  meet for a meal or something.  Perhaps take a walk and have refreshments afterwards or something like that.  Have a do over. 

It's very telling when a person expresses remorse and it's humbling to observe.  It's far worse whenever there's denial,  apathy,  hard feelings and expectations for you to move on without addressing it. 

Positive changes are good.  However,  change AND genuine apologies are even better and have the most optimal,  best outcomes.  👍 🙂

• Like 2

Silly pranks can be fun... until they are not. She realized it went to far and feels bad, which seems in line with what you've said about her before. It's her trying to be a good person and not wanting to hurt you.

Forgive and let it all go. Stop with the childish games and don't let it escalate any more. Both issue sincere apologizes, accept it, and move on. Be careful when you joke around, it can easily turn into something else. Just get back to the normal conversations and having fun together. 

You've gotten along well so far. This will past and won't matter in the long run. Things happen, mistakes are made. Don't hold things against each other and try not to act in such a way again.

• Like 1