Has anyone here financed a Tesla? I have a question

cooldude123

My total car price is $48,130. I am getting $13,850 off in incentives. My rate is 1.99% for 60 months and I am putting $20,000 down. The monthly payment I was offered in the Tesla app is $331.82 which seems high. When I was originally putting $25k down, the payment was only $244 and I think that took incentives into account. The Tesla payment calculator says my payment should only be $275 per month with $20k down so I don't understand.

It seems like it's not taking the incentives into account yet? I don't understand why Tesla would offer me a monthly payment and expect me to accept it without accounting for the incentives in the price. Does anyone know what I'm talking about?

Also, do I need to accept the offer before I can book a pickup date?

3 minutes ago, cooldude123 said:

I agree but unfortunately I don't have a car right now so I could pay for an Uber but would rather not

Well, it's either Uber or forever being in limbo not getting answers and not understanding. To me, way easier getting Uber, seeing someone in person, ask all the relevant questions so as to get a clear picture of what I am getting myself into.  Peace of mind.  Your choice.

Agree that you need to spring for the Uber.

Make an appointment with the Finance Manager and Uber on over there.

They will show you a whole bunch of legal-sized pages with numbers upon numbers, and text upon text, and ask you to sign here and initial there.

Do not sign a single thing yet.

Take your time and read through every single page.  Does this include TTL?  (Tax, title, license)?  Did they throw in any types of extended warranties that you may not want?  Any "free service" (that cost more later)?  Etc., etc., etc.

You are smart to ask around and think this through.

There are many Free Finance calculators on the internet.  Use a few to determine what you think is a fair amount.

Good luck on getting a cool car!

13 minutes ago, Starlight925 said:

Agree that you need to spring for the Uber.

Make an appointment with the Finance Manager and Uber on over there.

They will show you a whole bunch of legal-sized pages with numbers upon numbers, and text upon text, and ask you to sign here and initial there.

Do not sign a single thing yet.

Take your time and read through every single page.  Does this include TTL?  (Tax, title, license)?  Did they throw in any types of extended warranties that you may not want?  Any "free service" (that cost more later)?  Etc., etc., etc.

You are smart to ask around and think this through.

There are many Free Finance calculators on the internet.  Use a few to determine what you think is a fair amount.

Good luck on getting a cool car!

Thank you for the advice, friend. Unfortunately, Tesla only has sales reps at their locations and their finance managers are all off site. However, the sales rep has typically been a reliable point of contact as I've asked her other questions over text. But yea, I am not signing anything until I actually see the car in person since it's coming from a factory. As for the finance calculators and Tesla's own calculator, my payment should only be around $275 per month after incentives.

3 minutes ago, cooldude123 said:

Thank you for the advice, friend. Unfortunately, Tesla only has sales reps at their locations and their finance managers are all off site. However, the sales rep has typically been a reliable point of contact as I've asked her other questions over text. But yea, I am not signing anything until I actually see the car in person since it's coming from a factory. As for the finance calculators and Tesla's own calculator, my payment should only be around $275 per month after incentives.

Can you Zoom with the Sales Rep?

Do you have a friend that could take you there instead of paying for the Uber?

Or you could do it the old fashioned way - call. If something doesn't seem right, you need to talk to an actual person and go over it with them. In person with the financial manager would be better, but if need be, there has to be a way to speak with someone directly. 

I'm getting the below for a finance number. Or try a Zoom if they offer it.

https://www.marketwatch.com/guides/car-loans/tesla-finance/image.thumb.png.164f001b02e1e952d34521b43cc79c49.png

5 minutes ago, ShySoul said:

Do you have a friend that could take you there instead of paying for the Uber?

Or you could do it the old fashioned way - call. If something doesn't seem right, you need to talk to an actual person and go over it with them. In person with the financial manager would be better, but if need be, there has to be a way to speak with someone directly. 

I'm getting the below for a finance number. Or try a Zoom if they offer it.

https://www.marketwatch.com/guides/car-loans/tesla-finance/image.thumb.png.164f001b02e1e952d34521b43cc79c49.png

Hmm I called that number and then it redirected me to a generic line since I haven't received my vehicle yet. It was like "press 1 for sales, press 2 for parts, etc." Thanks for checking though!

12 hours ago, cooldude123 said:

I texted them but they haven't replied yet

Call them.  Drive to a dealership & talk to somebody. 

Buying a car on line with no human interaction doesn't always work.  Go back to the old fashioned way.  

Enjoy your new car.