Modafinil / Provigil and obsessive thoughts.

I hope this topic isn’t against the forum rules.

I have a really important and tough exam coming up, and I’ve been preparing all year. Now there’s just a month left.

I’m thinking about trying Modafinil to help with my focus, but I’ve always struggled with obsessive thoughts especially when I’m stressed.

My therapist isn’t on board with the idea, but I still want to give it a shot.

My worry is that instead of helping me focus on studying, Modafinil might just make me fixate more on the obsessive thoughts.

Has anyone with similar issues tried Modafinil, or experienced obsessive thoughts after using it? I’d love to hear your experiences. Thanks!

Looks like you need a prescription to take it. Any questions would best be answered by a doctor and you can't, as well as shouldn't, take it without consulting one.

Personal opinion is that medication such as this is at best a temporary fix that doesn't address the real issues and cause of the anxiety. It doesn't outweigh the potential health risks involved. Unless you've spoken to a professional who believe it is necessary, I would avoid the medication and look for other ways to calm your thoughts.