Why does he want to keep in touch to check on my daughter

slimKimmie

I met this guy in may we were dating it wasn’t really working out so we mutually broke it off. And he told me that we were still cool and that he would still check on my daughter. My daughter has only met this man once and that’s because we did a date at the park. I talk about my daughter here and there she is one years old but he hasn’t formed a bond with her because they’ve seen one another once. So i told him he didn’t have to check in on her we should have a clean cut off

Just say to him that is unacceptable. Lots of creeps out there and checking on somebody child is unacceptable after just meeting once. 

Could also be “fake niceness”. You know, “Lets keep in touch maybe sometimes but probably never”. But still, his choice of words is really weird and dont think you should be having contact with somebody like that. Ever.

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, Kwothe28 said:

Just say to him that is unacceptable. Lots of creeps out there and checking on somebody child is unacceptable after just meeting once. 

Could also be “fake niceness”. You know, “Lets keep in touch maybe sometimes but probably never”. But still, his choice of words is really weird and dont think you should be having contact with somebody like that. Ever.

I mean i don’t see a reason for fake niceness 

1 minute ago, slimKimmie said:

I don’t i didn’t say it was just wondering what’s the need

Only he can answer that. We can only assume his got a sick mind because this behavior is inappropriate because he has no business having such an interest. 

Met her once? That's a red flag, flat out tell him no. I wouldn't be mean about it, as there is something off with him that could get a spiteful reaction from him.

As to why? There's one obvious answer. If it was several years of dating or he had kids and the kids bonded, that's one thing; this doesn't fit into that profile.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Coily said:

Met her once? That's a red flag, flat out tell him no. I wouldn't be mean about it, as there is something off with him that could get a spiteful reaction from him.

As to why? There's one obvious answer. If it was several years of dating or he had kids and the kids bonded, that's one thing; this doesn't fit into that profile.

I told him he didn’t have to check on her that i needed a clean cut and he said “i know i don’t have to but i want to”

• Sad 1

3 minutes ago, slimKimmie said:

I told him he didn’t have to check on her that i needed a clean cut and he said “i know i don’t have to but i want to”

Annnnnnnnnnnd time to say no thanks and block.

• Like 3

I would completely shut the door on this one, and assume he's up to no good, as it's better to be safe than sorry.

In this day and age you can't be too careful with protecting your child, especially since crimes against children appear to be on the rise. 

• Like 3