I take Ozempic 2 mg once every week. I am a diabetic  and my A1C was 7.0 before I started it. I too started at a very low dose. I never had  any side effects. A few months later, my A1C went down to 6.4 and my internist said that was really, really good. I also lost over 35 pounds along  with dieting. However dieting was just so much easier for the first time in my life because of the Ozempic. You’re just not that hungry and fill up faster. 

I also have Chronic Kidney Disease Stage 3 (due to long term use of Ibuprofen/Motrin),  and at my last visit to my internist,  he said that the great thing about these new medications is that they protect the kidneys and the heart. In fact he said  the New England Journal Of Medicine just came out with an article about how these new meds protect the kidneys. 

If you have any other questions just ask me anytime, Vesna.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Vesna said:

I take Ozempic 2 mg once every week. I am a diabetic  and my A1C was 7.0 before I started it. I too started at a very low dose. I never had  any side effects. A few months later, my A1C went down to 6.4 and my internist said that was really, really good. I also lost over 35 pounds along  with dieting. However dieting was just so much easier for the first time in my life because of the Ozempic. You’re just not that hungry and fill up faster. 

I also have Chronic Kidney Disease Stage 3 (due to long term use of Ibuprofen/Motrin),  and at my last visit to my internist,  he said that the great thing about these new medications is that they protect the kidneys and the heart. In fact he said  the New England Journal Of Medicine just came out with an article about how these new meds protect the kidneys. 

If you have any other questions just ask me anytime, Vesna.

I am diabetic as well. For 4 years I did really well with just diet and exercise and then I went up dramatically to 7.6 and then 8. I was put on Metformin and now I am at 7.1. My doctor wants me at 5.5. He also wants to protect my organs as I have a strong family occurrence of cardio vascular occurrence and death. I also have risk factors so he wants to avoid all that. 

I am starting at .25 mg. This morning I feel a little off but not too bad. 

Wishing you good health as well .

• Like 1