For those who grieve their parents 💔

46 minutes ago, Strongliveshere91 said:

I know its been a while since I have posted on here but I have been so preoccupied with wedding planning. I’m noticing every day it gets a little bit easier but at least once a day I have my moments where I feel the need to text or call her at some point to tell her about my day. We spoke every single day when I would drive home from work , or she would text me asking what I’m up to and if I can come over to help her with something or keep her company. I really miss her. Yesterday I had an extremely long day at work and just wanted to text her to let her know when I would be going home etc. I think going to therapy and coming to this platform will help me through these times. Anyways, Hope everyone had a great Labor Day weekend! I start work again tomorrow.. just have to finish out the week and then onto my vacation! 

Thank you for the update, Strong.  I do the same thing with my mother, where we talk at least once a day through Facebook Messenger.  Hopefully, a long long long time from now, when that day comes, I know I will also really miss messaging her everyday in the morning and evening to check in and update each other on our day. 

It's great that you have your vacation and wedding ahead of you.  That will hopefully take your mind off of things temporarily.  Congratulations on your upcoming nuptials. 

• Like 1

On 9/4/2024 at 3:36 AM, Strongliveshere91 said:

I’m noticing every day it gets a little bit easier but at least once a day I have my moments where I feel the need to text or call her at some point to tell her about my day.

I often visit grave and give my mom updates. Makes me feel more at ease. She is buried next to Grandpa and Grandma. Grandpa loved sports so I tell him updates about local football club or national team, Grandma loved our house so I give her updates about that and say to mom how the life is going. Maybe its just coping with grief but makes me feel better. I dunno if its possible for you, because I live in a small town so its not a big trip, but maybe it would help if you want to tell her something. 

• Like 1

On 9/5/2024 at 2:03 PM, Kwothe28 said:

I often visit grave and give my mom updates. Makes me feel more at ease. She is buried next to Grandpa and Grandma. Grandpa loved sports so I tell him updates about local football club or national team, Grandma loved our house so I give her updates about that and say to mom how the life is going. Maybe its just coping with grief but makes me feel better. I dunno if its possible for you, because I live in a small town so its not a big trip, but maybe it would help if you want to tell her something. 

That is a really sweet idea. I'll have to try that. I don't know, the past day or two has been so strange and once again filled with some PTSD. Like I said this comes and goes in waves. I had to visit her home to collect the rent checks and collect any mail she had. I usually come once a week to keep up with everything. I just broke down. Her aunt lives next door from us and her daughter was visiting. It was comforting to just let it all out with them. I also had some strange dreams the past couple of nights.. like one where she looked like she passed away but then she woke up and we had to tell everyone she was actually alive and not dead after all. Very eery. I know this too shall pass. However, I feel like I almost have an obsession with death. I've just been so surrounded by it within the past year. My fiancée's brother passed away last year practically in our living room while overdosed on drugs. I feel very traumatized and hope therapy continues to help. Thank you guys for tuning into through all the motions. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Strongliveshere91 said:

That is a really sweet idea. I'll have to try that. I don't know, the past day or two has been so strange and once again filled with some PTSD. Like I said this comes and goes in waves. I had to visit her home to collect the rent checks and collect any mail she had. I usually come once a week to keep up with everything. I just broke down. Her aunt lives next door from us and her daughter was visiting. It was comforting to just let it all out with them. I also had some strange dreams the past couple of nights.. like one where she looked like she passed away but then she woke up and we had to tell everyone she was actually alive and not dead after all. Very eery. I know this too shall pass. However, I feel like I almost have an obsession with death. I've just been so surrounded by it within the past year. My fiancée's brother passed away last year practically in our living room while overdosed on drugs. I feel very traumatized and hope therapy continues to help. Thank you guys for tuning into through all the motions. 

I am so very sorry for your loss.  I love my mother to pieces.  She is 89 and lives alone but has an active soclal life.  800 miles away from me.  I want you to know -maybe it helps? -I am SO thankful she is healthy and doing well and happy and that my sister and me speak with her daily -one of us does.  I appreciate her and know we are blessed to have her.  I just wanted you to know I do not take it for granted.  I'm glad you felt supported in your grief.  Some just do not know how to react. Take care. Write more here if it helps. 

Breaking down and letting it all out is good for us. It's when we try to contain everthing, keeping it locked inside that we do more harm to ourselves. We feel these emotions for a reason, they are nothing to be ashamed of or feel bad about. I'm a proponent of letting yourself go, being in the moment and embracing what you feel. If that is sadness, then let it out. Crying can be cathartic.

I'm glad you had someone there to share this with, someone who can relate and share the grief. Just having one person to share things with and provide comfort and understanding, really makes a difference.

Sorry you had that experience with your financee's brother. I can understand how traumatic all this must feel for you. I'm doubtful I would be handling it as well as you. Keep up the good work. You'll get through.

And I'll give my mother an extra special I love you when I call this weekend, in your honor. Thanks for helping me remember I'm lucky she's still here. 

• Like 2

Never take anyone for granted in this life. I've learned that life can be very unfair and cruel. I simply don't hold grudges against anyone anymore. There are bigger things happening around us that require our time, energy, and attention. Today was not a very good day for me. I'm super hormonal which doesn't make the emotional pain any better, in fact it felt like a huge step back today. I've been crying all day. I don't want to exert energy to do anything lately. 

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 2

Just now, Strongliveshere91 said:

Never take anyone for granted in this life. I've learned that life can be very unfair and cruel. I simply don't hold grudges against anyone anymore. There are bigger things happening around us that require our time, energy, and attention. Today was not a very good day for me. I'm super hormonal which doesn't make the emotional pain any better, in fact it felt like a huge step back today. I've been crying all day. I don't want to exert energy to do anything lately. 

I hope tomorrow is better.  Please take care and maybe if you can do something comforting for yourself?

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Strongliveshere91 said:

Two steps forward for every one back.

Grudges weigh on the heart and holds us back, limiting us. They aren't worth it. You're right.

Hope tomorrow is a better day. 

• Like 2