my crush...is a studyholic

luvvv

my crush is a damn studyholic. he's in my cram school. we usually insult each other for fun. he watches anime sometimes too. well...we don't meet outside the cram school and i can't really talk to him since he's really paying attention...so...help me...plus...he always goes home after cram shool. he's really strict...

Why are you labeling him that way -what's wrong with being focused on studying and intense? I was for sure especially in grad school but for most of the 8 years prior to grad school.  Because I did that I have reaped the benefits of it for the 30 years since then.  However I still made time to date and be in serious relationships.  Of course he is really paying attention -his studies are a top priority for him. If you don't share that in common you may have a hard time dating him and understanding when he needs to focus.

Work hard now,  play later.  That's my motto.  Both my husband and I were serious with our studies and while we weren't fun nor the life of the party types,  our hard work paid off later.  While everyone else was fooling around,  the cream rises to the top.  Always.  I've noticed this trait amongst many successful people.  They study hard,  work hard and prosper in that order.   We reap what we sow.  🙂  👍

• Like 1

Isn't the point of a cram school to, um... cram? The people who are likely to be going there have a set goal in mind and are working towards it. They would tend to lean on the studyholic side. Odds are if they aren't cramming in school, they are cramming out of it. And that's a good thing. Makes them better prepared for the future.

If you can't talk in class or after class, that would leave before class. And if you are joking with each other for fun, then you are talking. So keep talking. But move the discussion away from insults and actually talk. Ask about his studies. Ask what his plans are, what he hopes to do with whatever you are cramming for. Ask about the anime. Ask if you could study together. That gives you one on one time in a less stressed environment. If you do meet up, you can't study all the time and will need breaks. That gives a perfect opportunity to ask more causal conversations and really get to know each other.

Would you prefer he's a studyholic or a couch potato? Probably the couch potato so you two could cuddle and watch anime together, but then he wouldn't be the smart and driven person you know him to be.