New McDonald's Burger!

2 hours ago, yogacat said:

It is tasty! I try to stay away from anything these days that taste like meat because I love a good chicken sandwhich or burger.

I have a protein smoothie for breakfast and avocado toast or hummus toast for lunch/dinner or salads and I admit I get a bit blah eating it all the time (even though I loveeeeeeeee avocado toast, it's so versatile) and you've given me some good ideas in this thread!

I do avocado toast daily since before it was a thing (and didn't call it that LOL) but my thing is sparingly with avocado and typically sweet not savory. I add avocado to tuna salad and most sandwiches -like turkey.  

I tried the impossible burger and it didn't agree with me.  I like homemade veggie burgers - not the ready made patties -at certain places.  I did smoothies when I was early pregnant -craved them -but I don't drink my calories esp. because too filling - but I like to eat food not drink food.  Just me.  

Fieldroast doesn't seem to be in my area -thanks for the rec Itsallgrand!

1 hour ago, Batya33 said:

I do avocado toast daily since before it was a thing (and didn't call it that LOL) but my thing is sparingly with avocado and typically sweet not savory. I add avocado to tuna salad and most sandwiches -like turkey.  

Me too! Well, I used to spend summers at the shore on the East coast and I would always pack a little picnic for me and my friends. I would grab a single avocado from the grocery store, a lemon, and some yummy bread. I'd carve slices of the avocado to put on the bread when I was sitting out relaxing on the beach. 

1 hour ago, Batya33 said:

I tried the impossible burger and it didn't agree with me.  I like homemade veggie burgers - not the ready made patties -at certain places.  I did smoothies when I was early pregnant -craved them -but I don't drink my calories esp. because too filling - but I like to eat food not drink food.  Just me.  

Oh yes. Homemade veggie burgers are so much better. No doubt about that!

I like the protein smoothies because I find them incredibly tasty and filling. I also love a good salad. I think a lot of people prefer to eat their food rather than drink it, so you are definitely not alone in that preference. I do find that smoothies can be a convenient way to get in some fruits and veggies when I'm on the go.

The new Mickey Dees bigger burger I believe is being made available for only a limited amount of time so they can cash in.  They're simply taking advantage of the curiosity factor; of course they know the burger is unhealthy for you just as they knew the double arch fries were bad for you. They gave people values, if you notice, either one double fry or a double burger, so people could rationalize it and get something for their money. Now the prices have gone up of course.

Maybe they'll come out with an even bigger burger next month - the Colossal burger served with a side of defibrillator! 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, yogacat said:

Maybe they'll come out with an even bigger burger next month - the Colossal burger served with a side of defibrillator! 

And a free download of Stayin' Alive while CPR is performed. 😉

• Haha 2

20 hours ago, yogacat said:

The new Mickey Dees bigger burger I believe is being made available for only a limited amount of time so they can cash in.

Maybe they'll make it like the McRib and just keep bringing it back every single year. I get it's supposed to create this artifical scarcity, but if you are bringing it back every year, how scarce is it? If I miss it, I'll just wait a few months. 

Oh, and if they don't get you with the burger, McDonalds will get you with their new adult themed Happy Meals! Collect all six collectors cups featuring blasts from the past such as Beanie Babies and Hot Wheels.

https://www.delish.com/food-news/a61802695/mcdonalds-collectors-cups/

See, McDonalds is evil. Why else would a clown be their mascot? 😉

• Haha 1

23 hours ago, yogacat said:

Let go of the guilt and embrace the delicious mess that is a Sloppy Joe.

I did and it was good. 

Though I made sure to have broccoli as a side to ease my guilt. 🥦

• Like 1