New McDonald's Burger!

19 hours ago, rainbowsandroses said:

So why this burger McDonald's?  Really?  Was this really necessary to increase revenue?

It kills people!

I think the first burger looks delicious. (I agree they should make a "junior" version to make it healthier and easier to eat.) The new Big Mac is not necessary at all, they're definitely trying too hard there.

"Kills" people? That's going too far! I have heard that as long as you don't drink your calories (i.e., just drink ice water if you love greasy food. ICE WATER---no juice, no soda, no milks---fill your cup with ice, then add nice & cold water) your health will be saved. Of course, taking vitamins and supplements would be a huge help also.

Did you know that McDonalds only buys their meat from companies that treat their cows/chickens humanely with respect? I myself love animals and try not to eat meat, but if I do, I make sure the meat is from a company that doesn't torture their livestock.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, woodsrose10 said:

have heard that as long as you don't drink your calories (i.e., just drink ice water if you love greasy food. ICE WATER---no juice, no soda, no milks---fill your cup with ice, then add nice & cold water) your health will be saved. Of course, taking vitamins and supplements would be a huge help also.

I've been told quite differently from my physician now and my physicians in the past.  I personally don't drink my calories other than some milk in my morning coffee- otherwise all tap water.  Quit my awful diet soda habit of several decades some years ago.  I follow what my physicians tell me and do my own reading/research too but it basically confirms what they've advised.  And it's far more than just drinking water instead of other drinks and taking vitamins (I do that as well).  I'm almost 58, slim fit and in decent health.

36 minutes ago, woodsrose10 said:

Kills" people? That's going too far!

There have been cases of people having heart attacks and other major health issues from consuming too much fast food, resulting in death.

Watch this.  I actually have no words.  SMH

Tap "Watch on YouTube" and it will play. 

25 minutes ago, woodsrose10 said:

I have heard that as long as you don't drink your calories (i.e., just drink ice water if you love greasy food

Nearing 15 years of no soda. Mostly water with occasional juice or nonfat lactose free milk.

While it helps, there are a varitey of factors in play. And every person's body reacts differently. Some people can have the extra calories and be fine. Others have to be extra careful on what they eat. 

I just stick with moderation. Having the greasy burger once in a while won't kill you. But be smart and don't get the triple burger every week. Try a salad once in a while instead.

• Like 2

Just now, ShySoul said:

Nearing 15 years of no soda. Mostly water with occasional juice or nonfat lactose free milk.

While it helps, there are a varitey of factors in play. And every person's body reacts differently. Some people can have the extra calories and be fine. Others have to be extra careful on what they eat. 

I just stick with moderation. Having the greasy burger once in a while won't kill you. But be smart and don't get the triple burger every week. Try a salad once in a while instead.

Agree, everything in moderation although personally I feel ill after consuming most fast foods (except for fries) so stay away. 

Even just one burger and I feel nauseous afterwards.

Not sure why, perhaps all the grease or added fillers, don't know.

So that YouTube clip I just linked - The Heart Attack Grill in Chandler, AZ?

Makes McDonald's and Wendy's look like a 5-star high quality restaurant!

Well not really but come on!   Employee was 540 pounds and dead at 29.

Sad.

4 minutes ago, ShySoul said:

And that gets the shocked face. 😲

And face screaming in fear. 😱

Yeah it's not even funny so no laughing emoji although the owner makes light of it and promotes his restaurant as a bit of a joke.

Newsflash:  It's NOT a joke and NOT funny

7 minutes ago, itsallgrand said:

For those who like veggie burgers, Fieldroast is really good. Their veggie sausages are good too. I live with a vegan so I've tried them all lol. 

Thanks!!   Did you read my recipe for patty melts with the veggie grillers!

I invited a friend over and we're making for lunch today!

I'll have to check the Fieldroast brand out, IF they sell in my area, I've never heard of it. 

1 minute ago, MissCanuck said:

We'll agree to disagree on that. 

I personally think McDonalds food tastes exactly like the salt-laden, chemically-enhanced crap that it is. 

Maybe it's the "special sauce"?  I was referring to the Big Mac mostly. 

Don't know but anyway like I said, since I always feel ill afterwards, I know it can't be good!  

12 minutes ago, rainbowsandroses said:

Thanks!!   Did you read my recipe for patty melts with the veggie grillers!

I invited a friend over and we're making for lunch today!

I'll have to check the Fieldroast brand out, IF they sell in my area, I've never heard of it. 

Yes sounds delish!

My SO puts hummus on burgers which is just wrong haha. I do like a sandwich with hummus and sprouts and cucumbers and lettuce though.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, ShySoul said:

Still need to try the plant based burger. Have been meaning to switch over.

I had one. It tasted just like a burger back when I was a veggie. Don't poke, but it was the Impossible Burger made from delicious globs of soy. 😝 There are a lot of good options out there that taste similar. Beyond Meat is one of them (they use pea protein) but sadly they just hacked up their prices.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rainbowsandroses said:

Well not really but come on!   Employee was 540 pounds and dead at 29.

Sad.

Did more research. A second spokesman died as well. And customers have actually had heart attacks while eating there. The owner actually worked for Jenny Craig at one point and promoted healthy eating. What a turnaround.

And that's before you consider the uncomfortableness of the sexy nurses who actually have to spank customers who don't finish the meals. 

Don't think I'll be going there if I'm ever in Vegas.

https://www.mashed.com/210610/the-untold-truth-of-heart-attack-grill/

https://heartattackgrill.com/press

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, Kwothe28 said:

McNugget injury lol

Let's not forget the famous lawsuit filed against McDonald's due to their coffee being too hot which burned a woman after SHE spilled it in her lap in the drive-thru.

From Wiki:

">>The plaintiff, Stella Liebeck (1912–2004), a 79-year-old woman, purchased hot coffee from a McDonald's restaurant, accidentally spilled it in her lap, and suffered third-degree burns in her pelvic region. She was hospitalized for eight days while undergoing skin grafting, followed by two years of medical treatment. Liebeck sought to settle with McDonald's for $20,000 to cover her medical expenses. When McDonald's refused, Liebeck's attorney filed suit in the U.S. District Court for the District of New Mexico, accusing McDonald's of gross negligence.

Liebeck's attorneys argued that, at 180–190 °F (82–88 °C), McDonald's coffee was defective, and more likely to cause serious injury than coffee served at any other establishment. The jury found that McDonald's was 80 percent responsible for the incident. They awarded Liebeck a net $160,000 in compensatory damages to cover medical expenses, and $2.7 million (equivalent to $5,600,000 in 2023) in punitive damages, the equivalent of two days of McDonald's coffee sales. The trial judge reduced the punitive damages to three times the amount of the compensatory damages, totalling $640,000. The parties settled for a confidential amount before an appeal was decided.

The Liebeck case became a flashpoint in the debate in the United States over tort reform. It was cited by some as an example of frivolous litigation; ABC News called the case "the poster child of excessive lawsuits", while the legal scholar Jonathan Turley argued that the claim was "a meaningful and worthy lawsuit".  Ex-attorney Susan Saladoff sees the portrayal in the media as purposeful misrepresentation due to political and corporate influence. In June 2011, HBO premiered Hot Coffee, a documentary that discussed in depth how the Liebeck case has centered in debates on tort reform."<<

_____

Verdict for the plaintiff -- $2.7 million, reduced by trial judge to $640,000.

Again, SHE spilled the coffee in her lap.

I do acknowledge however that the coffee was probably too hot but that's a very large award for what was essentially the woman's negligence for spilling the coffee on herself.

Thoughts? 

32 minutes ago, yogacat said:

Not Beyond meats. But a lot others, yea.

Morningstar Farms has 6 grams fat (1 gram saturated), 8 grams carbs, 2 grams sugar, 16 grams protein, 140 calories.

Try it guys, on the grill, with barbecue sauce!  Or your fave cheese. On a toasted English Muffin with ketchup and mustard, lettuce, tomato.

Yum!

I really like it anyway, it's very tasty!

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, ShySoul said:

Did more research. A second spokesman died as well. And customers have actually had heart attacks while eating there. The owner actually worked for Jenny Craig at one point and promoted healthy eating. What a turnaround.

And that's before you consider the uncomfortableness of the sexy nurses who actually have to spank customers who don't finish the meals. 

Don't think I'll be going there if I'm ever in Vegas.

https://www.mashed.com/210610/the-untold-truth-of-heart-attack-grill/

https://heartattackgrill.com/press

Again SMH.   

I'm actually shocked, SHOCKED, his business has not been shut down.

8,000 calorie burgers?  Really?

But yeah, people are ordering/eating them so....... the insanity continues. 

34 minutes ago, rainbowsandroses said:

Morningstar Farms has 6 grams fat (1 gram saturated), 8 grams carbs, 2 grams sugar, 16 grams protein, 140 calories.

Try it guys, on the grill, with barbecue sauce!  Or your fave cheese. On a toasted English Muffin with ketchup and mustard, lettuce, tomato.

Yum!

I really like it anyway, it's very tasty!

It is tasty! I try to stay away from anything these days that taste like meat because I love a good chicken sandwhich or burger.

I have a protein smoothie for breakfast and avocado toast or hummus toast for lunch/dinner or salads and I admit I get a bit blah eating it all the time (even though I loveeeeeeeee avocado toast, it's so versatile) and you've given me some good ideas in this thread!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rainbowsandroses said:

Let's not forget the famous lawsuit filed against McDonald's due to their coffee being too hot which burned a woman after SHE spilled it in her lap in the drive-thru.

From Wiki:

">>The plaintiff, Stella Liebeck (1912–2004), a 79-year-old woman, purchased hot coffee from a McDonald's restaurant, accidentally spilled it in her lap, and suffered third-degree burns in her pelvic region. She was hospitalized for eight days while undergoing skin grafting, followed by two years of medical treatment. Liebeck sought to settle with McDonald's for $20,000 to cover her medical expenses. When McDonald's refused, Liebeck's attorney filed suit in the U.S. District Court for the District of New Mexico, accusing McDonald's of gross negligence.

Liebeck's attorneys argued that, at 180–190 °F (82–88 °C), McDonald's coffee was defective, and more likely to cause serious injury than coffee served at any other establishment. The jury found that McDonald's was 80 percent responsible for the incident. They awarded Liebeck a net $160,000 in compensatory damages to cover medical expenses, and $2.7 million (equivalent to $5,600,000 in 2023) in punitive damages, the equivalent of two days of McDonald's coffee sales. The trial judge reduced the punitive damages to three times the amount of the compensatory damages, totalling $640,000. The parties settled for a confidential amount before an appeal was decided.

The Liebeck case became a flashpoint in the debate in the United States over tort reform. It was cited by some as an example of frivolous litigation; ABC News called the case "the poster child of excessive lawsuits", while the legal scholar Jonathan Turley argued that the claim was "a meaningful and worthy lawsuit".  Ex-attorney Susan Saladoff sees the portrayal in the media as purposeful misrepresentation due to political and corporate influence. In June 2011, HBO premiered Hot Coffee, a documentary that discussed in depth how the Liebeck case has centered in debates on tort reform."<<

_____

Verdict for the plaintiff -- $2.7 million, reduced by trial judge to $640,000.

Again, SHE spilled the coffee in her lap.

I do acknowledge however that the coffee was probably too hot but that's a very large award for what was essentially the woman's negligence for spilling the coffee on herself.

Thoughts? 

Edit:  Guys I just started watching the HBO documentary "Hot Coffee" on YouTube  and it showed a pic of the burns on her inner thighs and omg, they were bad!  Like really bad and extensive!

She spent 8 days in the hospital and the doctors were not sure she would even live!  Nurses and doctors were interviewed.

None of this was revealed in the media from what I understand, and what came out at trial was the coffee machine was in fact detective.

So just wanted to retract a bit because although she did spill it, it appears McDonald's was negligent too. 

43 minutes ago, yogacat said:

It is tasty! I try to stay away from anything these days that taste like meat because I love a good chicken sandwhich or burger.

I have a protein smoothie for breakfast and avocado toast or hummus toast for lunch/dinner or salads and I admit I get a bit blah eating it all the time (even though I loveeeeeeeee avocado toast, it's so versatile) and you've given me some good ideas in this thread!

I love avocado toast too!   My problem is finding avocados with just the right ripeness. 

But then found "Wholly Avocado Smashed" in individual tightly sealed cups, it's 100% avocado, nothing added no salt, preservatives and so I can have fresh avocado on my toast or sandwich whenever I want, so it's great!  

I have six cups in my fridge right now and the package reads "use or freeze by August 28th" and they're always green and fresh up to the last day even! 

Not sure if you have that same issue @yoga but if so try the Wholly Avocado Smashed.  There is Wholly Guacamole too but that's different.

I also love hummus, but only red pepper hummus and not all brands.  I actually buy it freshly made in the deli section.

Kinda fussy about my hummus, haha.

Anyway getting hungry and my friend will be hear shortly for veggie burger patty melts! 😅

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, rainbowsandroses said:

I love avocado toast too!   My problem is finding avocados with just the right ripeness. 

But then found "Wholly Avocado Smashed" in individual tightly sealed cups, it's 100% avocado, nothing added no salt, preservatives and so I can have fresh avocado on my toast or sandwich whenever I want, so it's great!  

I have six cups in my fridge right now and the package reads "use or freeze by August 28th" and they're always green and fresh up to the last day even! 

Not sure if you have that same issue @yoga but if so try the Wholly Avocado Smashed.  There is Wholly Guacamole too but that's different.

I also love hummus, but only red pepper hummus and not all brands.  I actually buy it freshly made in the deli section.

Kinda fussy about my hummus, haha.

Anyway getting hungry and my friend will be hear shortly for veggie burger patty melts! 😅

I am picky with my avo's too for very different reasons.

I have an allergy to certain avocados and I end up grossly ill.

Mmm...Hummus, love this one brand that makes jalapeno🌶️ honey 🍯hummus and I drizzle it with balsamic glaze and top it with some fresh feta cheese! (I gotta have the flava's lol)

Oh yea, go enjoy your veggie burger pattie melts!😋 Don't worry about throw away or use by labels, most of them are a bunch of hoo-pooey. They have that hummus brand at Target too!

Thanks you two, you've made me hungry. Now I feel guilty that Sloppy Joes are on the menu tonight. Usually use turkey, but I'm not the chef, so beef is the trade off. 

Will now be looking for the veggie burgers. Not sure what they have where we usually shop, but hopefully I can find the good ones.

Oh, and I remember the McDonald's coffee case. I'm glad I don't have to figure out the amounts people are owed, but clearly the company was at fault if the burns were that bad. I've spilled hot items and didn't have to go to the hospital. Don't think the woman should be getting much of the blame.