I'm so confused...

34 minutes ago, Micaela said:

To answer this...I don't know. Just having a connection with someone who genuinely seemed interested and seemed to get me. 

I know reaching out is wrong and I'll get all wrapped up again when I'm trying to detox from him so to speak. But I do care about him and his well being. 

You do know, you enjoy feeling sorry for yourself and wanting/ thinking about fake puzzles instead of coherently admitting you have a victim mentality and like the idea of someone being fake and projecting a fake image onto them.

Instead of facing your own issues and taking control of your own happiness, you are turning to this fantasy relationship with someone you barely know.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Micaela said:

But I do care about him and his well being. 

No, you care about hanging onto the fantasy you've attached yourself to, 

You don't know "him." He could be anyone. He could be a teenager. He could be a 70-year-old with cabbage breath. He could be married with 3 kids. He could be she. 

You liked feeling wanted and desired. You liked it so much that you let it override your common sense and ignore the logical red flags that "he" is not who he says he is. You have suppressed your better judgment and indulged in what is essentially a make-believe relationship.

You need to love yourself more and demand better for yourself. When you're this wrapped up in an online stranger, you're hiding from real life. 

• Like 3

On 8/8/2024 at 3:45 PM, MissCanuck said:

could be married with 3 kids

Yah from the git-go this guy sounded married to me.  Back in the dating day, I had a 52-year-old guy tell me he lived with "his sister."  He lives with mom yet so messy?  What does she have to say about it?  If my grown son lived with me I'd be trolling the internet to find HIM a lovely partner, lol.