Infidelity

Daisy98

Infidelity shatters trust and undermines the foundation of any relationship. It causes emotional pain and often leads to long-lasting scars. Honesty and communication are key to preventing such betrayals and fostering healthy, faithful partnerships.

A fleeting moment of pleasure is not worth the pain to everyone involved. 

I'd add to really spend time with your partner, being sure to show them your love and how much they mean to you. Infidelity isn't always about an act of selfishness. Sometimes it can be a cry for help, a need to feel love you aren't getting from your partner.

If you are lucky enough to have someone special in your life, value and cherish it. Talk and communicate with each other. Work together as a couple to address whatever comes up. Be honest about your feelings. Don't do something that will hurt the one you say you love, something that you know you will come to regret.

4 hours ago, Daisy98 said:

Infidelity shatters trust and undermines the foundation of any relationship. It causes emotional pain and often leads to long-lasting scars. Honesty and communication are key to preventing such betrayals and fostering healthy, faithful partnerships.

I think honesty and communication are obviously essential in any stable close relationship.  I don't think they prevent infidelity.  I think in a marriage there are no guarantees to prevent infidelity. I think what lessens the risk is selecting a person of character and integrity, where the couple is on the same page as to what marriage means to them and where the couple is honest with each other about what is ok and what is not as far as interactions with the opposite gender -which will vary by individual.  

Depends on the nature of the communication as far as whether it has any relevance to the closeness of the relationship.  If the communication is about issues in the relationship then the person with the issue can choose to share with his or her partner what the issue is and explore whether and how it can be resolved.  A person who is tempted to cheat can choose to work on that on their own and resolve not to cheat with no communication with their partner.  The partner need not know if there's nothing the partner did or did not do that was connected to that temptation.

Infidelity affects different people differently. Often it is very hurtful and painful. Sometimes if both people are having affairs then it can be a relief if it's been under wraps and then is found out so they can separate and find other people.  

I'm not a fan of huge generalizations as you can tell except perhaps "people generally move towards pleasure and away from pain" so if two people are married we hope that the pleasure of each other's company outweighs the pleasure of giving into temptation if there is temptation by having an affair.

5 hours ago, Daisy98 said:

What's your question OP?  What's your story?

• Like 2