Iranian (Persian) man and Jamaican Woman, dating?

Massari

You never know. Don't expect anything to happen, but I wouldn't eliminate the possibility. Play it by ear. Message her some time if you feel like it just to check in. She may respond and you could build that friendship. And if she doesn't, she's the one missing out.

I always like to keep a little bit of a door open, even if the chance of anything is slim. The optomist in my won't let me do otherwise.

Something good will come along eventually, it alway does.

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, ShySoul said:

You never know. Don't expect anything to happen, but I wouldn't eliminate the possibility. Play it by ear. Message her some time if you feel like it just to check in. She may respond and you could build that friendship. And if she doesn't, she's the one missing out.

I always like to keep a little bit of a door open, even if the chance of anything is slim. The optomist in my won't let me do otherwise.

Something good will come along eventually, it alway does.

Oh really? ok I will take your word for it and maybe do a check-in kinda text and see, but I will do it by the end of the week, not now. Maybe it's worth mentioning that at the end of our date she mentioned she needs to do groceries tomorrow and since she doesn't have a car and if I can help her. I did help her, so after our dinner I drove her to NoFrills and Walmart, and helped her with the groceries, I didn't pay for them but just carried it for her to my car and at the end of the date took her to her house and helped her unload the groceries by her doorstep and said good night. During my drive back home she called me once half way and wished me a safe drive and asked me to text her when I got home. 

I mean I was good to her on our date, respectful and if she doesn't want to continue with me then she is the one really missing out. 

Update:

I sent her a casual checking message yesterday, along the lines of "Hey how you doing, hope everything is okay". Turned out she is not doing well, financially, needs money to send back to her kids, asked me if I can help out which I declined respectfully, as my lawyer fees for my divorce is not cheap so I don't have cash laying around to help. 

Kinda a turn off tbh but it is what it is! I am going on another date on Saturday with a Colombian woman! we'll see how that goes. 

• Sad 1

27 minutes ago, Massari said:

Turned out she is not doing well, financially, needs money to send back to her kids, asked me if I can help out

Dont fall for that please. Even if you have extra money laying around never borrow it to somebody who you basically dont even know. 

Good luck with Colombian. 

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Kwothe28 said:

Dont fall for that please. Even if you have extra money laying around never borrow it to somebody who you basically dont even know. 

Good luck with Colombian. 

Ohhh no I am very careful not to , Doing s*** like this and taken advantage of my kindness is what got me in this s**t show of a divorce and a failed marriage... 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Massari said:

Turned out she is not doing well, financially, needs money to send back to her kids, asked me if I can help out which I declined respectfully,

Wow. How can she ask that from a man she's be with on one date AND turned down?!

Kinda a turn off tbh but it is what it is!

Indeed. Big turn off and red flag. No respect of boundaries.

! I am going on another date on Saturday with a Colombian woman! we'll see how that goes

Hooray! 🥳

• Thanks 1

Well, guess the stuff she was dealing with wasn't another man as previously suggested, it was family and finances.

I'm sure I'll be the only one that doesn't see her behavior as a turn off. If she is honestly in dire straits and feels stuck, then desparate times might call for desparate measures. While I wouldn't give the money, I'd see if I could pitch in to help in other ways, such as was done with taking her to get groceries. If she got colder or kept asking for the money, then I would know what she was after. But otherwise, I'd still want to pitch in to help a person in need.

You've made up your mind about her though. You also don't seem too invested in finding anyone. So enjoy meeting people just to meet people. Most likely they will all end the same way, as you aren't ready yet for it to go any further. 

Your signature says a lot. Pretending you don't have a heart isn't the way to avoid being heartbroken. It's the surest way to end up alone and feeling the heartache even more.

• Thanks 1

On 8/9/2024 at 10:40 PM, ShySoul said:

Well, guess the stuff she was dealing with wasn't another man as previously suggested, it was family and finances.

I'm sure I'll be the only one that doesn't see her behavior as a turn off. If she is honestly in dire straits and feels stuck, then desparate times might call for desparate measures. While I wouldn't give the money, I'd see if I could pitch in to help in other ways, such as was done with taking her to get groceries. If she got colder or kept asking for the money, then I would know what she was after. But otherwise, I'd still want to pitch in to help a person in need.

You've made up your mind about her though. You also don't seem too invested in finding anyone. So enjoy meeting people just to meet people. Most likely they will all end the same way, as you aren't ready yet for it to go any further. 

Your signature says a lot. Pretending you don't have a heart isn't the way to avoid being heartbroken. It's the surest way to end up alone and feeling the heartache even more.

I understand hardship and increase cost of living, especially in Toronto and surroundings and what not, but I would NEVER!!  ask a person who I just met on a dating for helping me out financially. Maybe I should have clarified that I did say if there other help she needs and she said no it's money! 

My signature: Again to be clrear I made it 20 years ago when I was a silly teenager in love! It doesn't reflect the man I am today. 

She has not send me any more messages or anything stating she is interested to dating me, and only asked for $$$ that's a turn off to me. Why would I want to a pursue a woman who treats me like this?

BTW my date with Colombian woman went really well, we had so much fun laughed. went out again on Sunday and had another great date. We have great connection and I am comfortable around her. We kissed and I am interested to see how this unfolds for us. 

• Like 2

Maybe I should have clarified that I did say if there other help she needs and she said no it's money!

That makes a difference. lol

Didn't mean anything negative with my comments. You do what is right for you. Hope it works out well for you.

Also didn't realize the signature was from that long ago. Maybe it's time to update it to something more reflective of who you are today? 

Best of luck going forward.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Massari said:

BTW my date with Colombian woman went really well, we had so much fun laughed. went out again on Sunday and had another great date. We have great connection and I am comfortable around her. We kissed and I am interested to see how this unfolds for us. 

Hooray! ☺️

• Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, ShySoul said:

That makes a difference. lol

Didn't mean anything negative with my comments. You do what is right for you. Hope it works out well for you.

Also didn't realize the signature was from that long ago. Maybe it's time to update it to something more reflective of who you are today? 

Best of luck going forward.

Oh Shysoul, I know you don't mean anything negative! I know at ENA it's all about tough love and good advise and not sugar coating anything! I just wanted to be more clear as to what has happened! 

I will change the signature just have to think of, change to what. 

Thank you for your advise as always.