Im having a very hard determining if my ex is a dismissive avoidant or has NPD

Message added by HeartGoesOn,

Please remain respectful when replying.

1 hour ago, Jimmy ape said:

I can't imagine anyone else would not have considering how hot she is.

Meh, she was still single when you met her. 

She's evidently not quite the hot commodity you think she is, or she'd already have been snapped up by someone else by the time you met her. 

But if you overlook huge personaltiy defects in the name of bedding a teenager, well, that's on you. You made a series of poor choices. 

I just had a text conversation with her, its the first time we have spoken in weeks. She apologized and said we both made mistakes. I said I accept her apologize and also apologized for some of the things I said.

I think this rules her out as a narcisssist because NPD's never apologize ever.

52 minutes ago, Jimmy ape said:

I just had a text conversation with her, its the first time we have spoken in weeks. She apologized and said we both made mistakes. I said I accept her apologize and also apologized for some of the things I said.

I'd shift focus from playing doctor to knowing the truth that past behavior is the best indicator of future behavior, as per Dr. Phil - and this is very very recent past behavior.  Also for your own health assume she's been with others in these past few weeks.

1 hour ago, Jimmy ape said:

Are you a psychiatrist or a psycologist?  I'm baffled by your determination to put a diagnosis or label on a girl you barely know and who is supposed to be a part of your past.  

• Like 1

Its extremely relevant, this should be fairly obvious to anyone.

You obviously want to steer clear of NPD's for obvious reasons, and relationships with a dismissive avoidant can be extremely difficult and taxing as well.

For individuals who seem so opinionated, I am baffled as to the overall lack of knowledge.

4 hours ago, Jimmy ape said:

Please explain how I have done anything wrong.

You're reducing her to just a sexual object by mentioning how attractive she is and how hot the sex is and willing to overlook red flags because of it. You mention this multiple times throughout your thread.

We cannot diagnose her with any specific disorder, as we do not have enough information. However, her behaviors do sound unhealthy and possibly manipulative and you've not painted yourself in the greatest light either.

You both need to move on, there is no using or diagnosing someone to fuel an ego or justify why you dated them for whatever reason.