Prayers for the town of Jasper and Jasper National Park

Just now, ShySoul said:

Thoughts go out to everyone affected.

Sad how often it feels like these events are happening.

For sure . We had a horrible fire year last year. Looks like this one will be too. 

14 hours ago, ShySoul said:

Also experiencing wildfires and a "fire tornado" in California. Turning into a depressing morning.

Hope people can stay safe.

Good Lord! 

Take care Shy!

Be well x

9 hours ago, mylolita said:

Good Lord! 

Take care Shy

Be well x

It's in northen California. I'm in SoCal. It's clear skys and lovely today where I'm at. Hard to believe just a few hours away all that is happening.

Thanks for the concern though. Mentally passing it on to everyone affected.

• Sad 1

49 minutes ago, ShySoul said:

It's in northen California. I'm in SoCal. It's clear skys and lovely today where I'm at. Hard to believe just a few hours away all that is happening.

Thanks for the concern though. Mentally passing it on to everyone affected.

Yeah California gets a lot of fires. I have been there and Oregon etc . Last year almost our whole country was ablaze . Some fires were still burning under the snow and re emerged in the Spring .  

Fires are devasting. Unless man-made, they are very much needed to refresh and Recycle Earth and bring us metalloids that in the end create our entire existence.

It's sad though when it destroys a town, especially one with significant history and culture. It takes away the memories and stories of generations of people who have called it home. Especially loss of life and homes is tragic and my heart goes out to those affected. The damage caused by these fires often takes years to repair and rebuild, and the emotional toll is immeasurable.

I lived through Hurricane Sandy and I live in NoCal now and had to be evacuated as the fire was one mile from all directions except from the 101 Freeway, the only way to get out.

Natural disasters can be a terrifying and humbling experience. It reminds us of the power and unpredictability of nature and how vulnerable we are as humans. I really hope that those who have been affected by this fire will find the strength and support to rebuild and move forward. 

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, yogacat said:

Natural disasters can be a terrifying and humbling experience. It reminds us of the power and unpredictability of nature and how vulnerable we are as humans. I really hope that those who have been affected by this fire will find the strength and support to rebuild and move forward. 

Father and brother in law's family both had their homes wrecked by hurricanes. We always like to think we are strong and invulnerable, then nature reminds us that's not the case.

Natural disasters have jumped significantly in the last 50-60 years, driven greatly by climate change. These events are reminders we can still make small changes that will help the environment while pushing for larger reforms. Hopefully we can at least help prevent some of these events from happening in the future.

• Thanks 1