Open Club  ·  98 members  ·  Free

Off Topic

Don't Drink and Drive!!!

rainbowsandroses

Super sad story about a fatal crash that occurred this morning very close to me.  Four innocent people were killed due to two men driving while drunk (it is suspected) at approximately 1:30 am this morning. 

Below is a link... Brace yourself before opening.  The wreckage on the left side when you open the link is one of the vehicles, most likely the vehicle the people who were killed were in..

It's just not safe anymore, please be aware of careful!

4 people ejected and killed, 2 arrested in crash on SR-163 in Kearny Mesa (10news.com)

• Sad 2

About 20 years ago I had a friend that died in the same way. They were at the party, the driver drank and he couldnt stop the car at nigh while they were going home, so they hit the bunch of cinder blocks. My friend and one woman died, driver, one more man and one more woman survived but I think woman ended up in wheelchairs. My friends dad is was inspector and was doing investigations of scenes like car accidents. Imagine the horror when he was called to the scene to do one and determined it was his own child who died. Driver was in jail. But even him needs to carry on his soul that he killed 2 people and put 1 into wheelchair. Awful stuff. 

Anyway, its very bad habit. Even small dosage would affect your reaction time. Especially because I think your case happened in high speed highway. Where reaction time means life or death. 

I was always fascinated when police measure alcohol on certain drivers. The record in my country is 8 permille. After 4 permille there is a chance he could die from alcohol poisoning. He could literally die just from that. And still somehow managed to drive and be caught by police lol. Crazy world and people.

• Sad 1

I'm so sorry @Kwothe28that it happened to a friend.  My heart goes out SO MUCH for the families of the four victims.   And heartbreaking for your friend's dad who had to discover his son was killed in the way that he did, being the investigator on scene.

One day you're here, the next your not.  They were in their mid 20s approx. So sad.

In this case, these two men who will most likely be charged with gross vehicular manslaughter face up to ten years in federal prison.  Unless they plead out which I suspect they will.  They will probably serve 2-5.

There will most likely be a civil suit as well against their insurance companies.

Their lives are pretty much ruined at this point and like you said they also have to live with the guilt which may be the worst of all.

May all the victims rest in peace and god bless.💛

• Like 1

Very sad. Not alchohol related but my cousin died young in a terrible car accident. I'll never forget going with my female cousin (his sister) to collect his belongings from his car. The car wrapped around a tree and there was still blood everywhere. My aunt and cousin were devasted.

Driving sucks, I dislike it as is.

My heart goes out to the families of these lives lost. They were probably on the way home just minding their own business and then this. So tragic.

• Like 1

My 18 year old cousin was killed after being hit by a car that didn't stop at a stop sign. He was on a bike riding home at night at an interesection with poor lighting. The driver of the car never saw the sign or him until it was too late.

There is a famous circular intersection right down the street from me. Several times in the decade I've lived here there have been accidents of drunk people slamming into the fountain there. 

Accidents can happen even when people are being safe. The slightest thing can go wrong and the consequences are deadly. Adding alcohol to the mix is just courting danger. It's not worth it.

Protect yourself and everyone around you. Don't drink and drive.

(This concludes my PSA. 😉)

• Sad 1

Wow. We've driven past that spot just about every time we are in San Diego. There's a used book/CD/DVD store nearby that we like to go to, so use the 163 alot. 

Heart goes out to the families of those lost and to everyone impacted by this.

26 years ago my husband was almost killed when someone blew a red light and hit him on my side of the car doing 70 KM an hour . I had decided not to join him that day because my 1 year old was fussy. Thank God or me and my son would be dead. My husband sustained his first major TBI as his head went through the side window and he was unconscious for 5 hours . 

• Sad 2