The past destroying the relationship with my mom

14 minutes ago, Seraphim said:

My personal journal has the last two weeks crap which has been spectacular since we got sick with Covid. We are recovering but the insanity has been unbearable. 

Gosh, I'm sorry to hear that. I'm wishing you a quick recovery 🩷

Journaling is definitely a good outlet. Thank god for notebooks!

• Like 1

Just now, DarkCh0c0 said:

Gosh, I'm sorry to hear that. I'm wishing you a quick recovery 🩷

Journaling is definitely a good outlet. Thank god for notebooks!

Oh no , I mean on here. 😁I have been journaling on here since 2007 or so. The last page has journaled some of the crazy. 

8 minutes ago, Seraphim said:

Oh no , I mean on here. 😁I have been journaling on here since 2007 or so. The last page has journaled some of the crazy. 

Oh! God bless e-notes too! 😊

I'll take a peak!

No matter who it is in this life,  anytime past bad memories are here to stay,  it does indeed destroy many or all relationships.  It could be anybody.  No one is spared.  Why?  Because always in the back of your mind,  it makes you wonder when the next offense will come?  It's only a matter of time.  😒 Trust had been irrevocably broken.  Distrust becomes permanent.  It's sad but true.

I've noticed the best defense is to either be able to eliminate perpetrators from your life permanently and if that's impossible,  pump the brakes on the relationship meaning enforce stricter boundaries. 

Truce is a good respite even though you know it's temporary.  Take what you can get. 

I've had truces with complex people in my life and while it's all well and good,  because of my situation,  I can afford to either eliminate them from my life entirely or have the least amount of associations and interactions with them because we do not live together.  It went from seeing these local people several times a month throughout the year to either zero or with some of them 2 - 3 times a year at the very most much to my splendid RELIEF.  It's heaven sent.  These are local relatives and in-laws.  Boundaries are a beautiful thing.  It says, "I will no longer allow you to mentally abuse me anymore.  Go talk to a wall for all I care while I take a nap."  😴 💤  I'm out and very busy with my own life.  I will carve out my own happiness with protection and SAFETY.  

1 hour ago, Seraphim said:

About 5 days ago my mom started bawling and said I love you too much to fight and has stopped all griping and arguing and being critical . So it is a truce for now . 

Wonderful! Are you rewarding her with affection and kindness and some dedicated time just for her?

In the same way it works to ‘catch’ kids on their best behavior and reward that with attention and encouragement, same is true with adults. They learn that acting out deprives them while good behavior gains them what they want… and maybe a little extra.

29 minutes ago, catfeeder said:

Wonderful! Are you rewarding her with affection and kindness and some dedicated time just for her?

In the same way it works to ‘catch’ kids on their best behavior and reward that with attention and encouragement, same is true with adults. They learn that acting out deprives them while good behavior gains them what they want… and maybe a little extra.

I just took her 1000 KM to take her to the dentist to have her crown put back on. 

2 minutes ago, DarkCh0c0 said:

Lol that should do it 👑👑

Crown for the win!

We had a good time actually no arguments etc but still a pain in the butt reason . But oh well we were both ok. 

• Thanks 1