Panic, Argh!

7 minutes ago, rainbowsandroses said:

I also experienced something called "depersonalization."  I recall looking at myself in the mirror on or around the third day (72 hours no sleep) and not recognizing myself not just looks wise but not even knowing who I was, it was the weirdest feeling ever, different from amnesia.  My doctors diagnosed it as depersonalization. 

Did you ever experience that?   That lasted for several days even after I got sleep and panic attack resolved.

Anyway, I have gone through a lot over the years mentally and in a REALLY good place now, thank goodness!!😂

Take care of yourself Yoga!!!

I have many times due to sexual abuse. When I was young I was walking through a store and literally forgot who I was . When I was young if people touched me I would literally black out and not be able to see and hear and come to and not even know what happened . When I had my complete nervous break down I literally ran around screaming and tried to jump out of a hotel room window and I didn’t even know what I was doing . I was in such panic for days and months I had several medical emergencies including one from serotonin syndrome. 

4 minutes ago, Seraphim said:

I have many times due to sexual abuse. When I was young I was walking through a store and literally forgot who I was . When I was young if people touched me I would literally black out and not be able to see and hear and come to and not even know what happened . When I had my complete nervous break down I literally ran around screaming and tried to jump out of a hotel room window and I didn’t even know what I was doing . I was in such panic for days and months I had several medical emergencies including one from serotonin syndrome. 

Oh my word!!!  How are you today?  You okay?  I am sorry you experienced that.

Wow, mental issues can be a bytch!!!

8 minutes ago, rainbowsandroses said:

Oh my word!!!  How are you today?  You okay?  I am sorry you experienced that.

Wow, mental issues can be a bytch!!!

Absolutely. Very minimal anxiety these days . 

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, rainbowsandroses said:

I also experienced something called "depersonalization."  I recall looking at myself in the mirror on or around the third day (72 hours no sleep) and not recognizing myself not just looks wise but not even knowing who I was, it was the weirdest feeling ever, different from amnesia.  My doctors diagnosed it as depersonalization. 

Did you ever experience that?   That lasted for several days even after I got sleep and panic attack resolved.

Anyway, I have gone through a lot over the years mentally and in a REALLY good place now, thank goodness!!😂

Take care of yourself Yoga!!!

Hey RAR! I think it was a combo of things that just led up to it (some of what you mentioned).

I have Panic Disorder and there are definitely things that can bring it on. Highways, heights, flying, escalators (yes, escalators, lol). It doesn't stop me from putting myself in the situation but I prefer to avoid, if possible. Which, is not helpful, I know.

I'm so sorry to hear about your panic attacks and the nasty cycle they caused. And I am happy to learn that you're no longer addicted to anti-anxiety meds and it's not a pretty place to be. I have a family member that became addicted and I helped them through rehab but I can't say that in itself didn't take a toll on my psyche. So, my heart goes out to you.

Thank you for your kind words and well wishes!! 

• Thanks 1