Bad or good sign? Asking to kiss others

On 7/12/2024 at 12:37 PM, Sarah Smith said:

I quite recently started dating someone. Most other things are really great. But there’s this one incident that I am not sure about.

We went to a party. Before we even started  drinking, he asked me if it’s okay for him to kiss his friends (both male and female, as he specified).

A part of me thinks it’s good he communicated it openly and asked rather than doing it behind my back.

The other part of me thinks that I don’t want something long term with someone with these kinda desires / lifestyle.

So is this really a good or bad thing? Im not sure if it means I can trust him more or less. I am so confused, opinions?

Here is my 2 cents:

I am somewhat traditional (40 year old straight male), Given the fact that you are fairly new and going to a party together, if it were me I wouldn't want to kiss anyone but my date (regardless of being Straight or Gay) ! especially when it's that fresh, you are hot for another and can't keep your hands off. To answer your question it is not normal and I urge you to evaluate where you are and what you want before you get hurt.